Feature Request: hierarchical view of tags on iOS

AlbMod

Idea

Hi,

it would be extremely helpful to have the hierarchical view of tags on iOS as it appears on Windows/Mac. Having nested the different tags I am using, it is very difficult to retrieve them in a logical way as I usually do on Windows. As a result, the user experience among platforms is not "seamless".

Hope this is useful :)

Alberto

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I agree, this would be very useful.  Actually, it is essential if you have more than a handful of tags.  I have 1500 tags, but by using tag hierarchies, my top-level tag view is only 10 tags in EN Mac and EN Win.

@AlbMod, may I suggest you modify your topic title to add the word "hierarchical" so it can be better found by searches.

If you would like this feature, please click on the "Vote Up" button at the top of this page.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, AlbMod said:

Hi,

it would be extremely helpful to have the hierarchical view of tags on iOS as it appears on Windows/Mac.

I agree and have up voted

It was a disappointment after getting my tag hierarchy carefully set up on the Mac and finding my work lost on the iPad.

I did implement some ideas to mitigate this

• I use a symbol prefix !?. to similate a hierarchy.  So all my Who tags begin with ?
  • To break up the long list of tags, I append an emoticon to the tag containers

For example: ! What? 
                      !tag
                      !tag
                      ? Who?‍?‍?‍?
                       ?tag
                       ?tag
                       . Where?
                       .tag
                       .tag

I am suggesting that we consolidate this request to get the votes up… I am suggesting mine because it already has a number of votes replies… The post is here, https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/88379-feature-request-improved-tag-functionality-for-ios/

This request keeps popping up but I believe it is getting ignored because it doesn’t get a critical mass of attention at any one moment, I’d like to see if we can get everyone on board to bring this up the list and to Evernote’s attention.

Thank you!

Archived