Search by notebook, multiple tags

Tcellguy

Idea

I'm not sure if this already exists, but I can't find any way to sort / search for a note using a combination of limits such as Notebook/Tag or Tag1 AND Tag2 (Boolean). I really use this feature on the Mac and have trouble finding notes in iOS without that ability. 

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Tcellguy said:

I can't find any way to sort / search for a note using a combination of limits such as Notebook/Tag or Tag1 AND Tag2 (Boolean). I really use this feature on the Mac

Please tell me how you achieve a search using true Boolean AND and OR in EN Mac.  AFAIK, it can't be done.  I would love this capability.

If you're asking how to search for both a Notebook and tag, then:

1. Tap Notebooks
  2. Tap the NB you want
  3. Tap the Search icon ? at the top right, and then type in:
    tag:MyTag

Thanks for the replies. I'm also not aware of true Boolean searching, but I thought that at least AND searches were being performed when I added multiple tags to a search (narrowing down). Of course OR and NOT would be great to have but I recall that these features were not added by design or something in a reply to a thread (can't remember where I saw it). 

I am suggesting that we consolidate this request to get the votes up… I am suggesting mine because it already has a number of votes replies… The post is here, https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/88379-feature-request-improved-tag-functionality-for-ios/

This request keeps popping up but I believe it is getting ignored because it doesn’t get a critical mass of attention at any one moment, I’d like to see if we can get everyone on board to bring this up the list and to Evernote’s attention.

Thank you!

Archived