using evernote:/// link from virtual windows under MAC

People, pls help

I am using Evernote in my MAC.  I also have windows 10 as virtual machine under Parallels.

I want to be able to use the evernote:///view/.....   links to my notes from windows applications , so that the Mac Evernote application will open/show them.

There is no application/protocol defined in windows right now for evernote.

do I need to install the Evernote in windows environment to have those ?  (would like to bypass this ..)

How can I define a standalone definition of the protocol for evernote:///view/ , I assume in registry somewhere...?

And even after that, I am not sure I will be able to change the definition of the default program in Windows to open the MAC Evernote application instead of the local windows one.

Thanks for the help

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a user forum,  so responses here depend on who's got time available to look around, and whether they have the expertise to answer a particular question. 

In this case I don't - I'd doubt a cross-OS solution is available at all;  but I'm not a Mac or Parallels/ VM user,  so not qualified to comment.  Can you raise a support request to Parallels?

Thanks Gazumped

Just to clarify, I am not having any issue or problem with EN or Parallels. All works like it should.

What I am interested in, is actually to be able to push a link with the type of "evernote:///view/..." within the windows virtual environment and the note to be opened by the EN on the MAC.  This should be don't by configuring the evernote:// protocol under windows.

Normally, it should automatically be done when the application is installed.

I am interested in someones knowledge how to define these protocol parameters without actually installing the Evernote. Furthermore I will need to divert the protocol towards the EN installed on the MAC main OS.

I am hopeful someone already done that with Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 1/18/2016 at 6:06 AM, dadarara said:

What I am interested in, is actually to be able to push a link with the type of "evernote:///view/..." within the windows virtual environment and the note to be opened by the EN on the MAC.  This should be don't by configuring the evernote:// protocol under windows

I'm running Parallels 10 Win7 Pro x64, and EN Win 5.9.6.  I just tested an EN link by pasting it into IE.  It uses the "evernote:///view..." format, and it opened the Note in EN Win.

Windows doesn't know anything about the Mac, only Parallels does.  Any non-Internet protocol is going to be interpreted as a local protocol.  I don't know if what you want is possible, but, IMO, this is definitely a Parallels question.  I would ask Parallels support and/or forums.

Archived