We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevaC

Feature Request: Orphan Tag.

Whenever I create a new note, I get the opportunity to tag it and as I type a few letters, Evernote suggests the tag that I am planning to use - however, when I press  the enter key on my keyboard, instead of applying the suggested tag, it sometimes creates an 'Orphan Tag'.

For example: I have a tag '1-Now', so when I try to tag a new note and type 1, I rightfully get the suggestion 1-Now, but when I press enter a new tag '1' is created, which is not what I intended to do.

If Evernote had the option of asking me if I needed to create a new '1' tag and will it be a child tag, as it happens in Gmail - it would make life so much easier.

Presently, I have to delete this 'orphan tag', which is very annoying.

Hi.  I suspect around 50% of users would welcome a way of trapping the odd mistyped tag,  but the rest would be annoyed at the extra steps required to create a new one.  As long as you spot a typo the correct tag is easy to apply,  and if you do a weekly check on your tag use and delete any empty ones - hasn't been a problem that affected me especially...

I agree with gazumped. I often do exactly what you describe. It is a pain to delete the darn thing, but it would be a bigger pain to have another layer to work through every time I type a tag in. 

21 hours ago, gazumped said:

I suspect around 50% of users would welcome a way of trapping the odd mistyped tag

I'm in this camp.  Creating new tags is not something I do on the fly and is usually a mistake.