Work Chat Message Update

When I open up work chat, I get this message:  Thanks for updating to the latest version of evernote.  This version requires a one time message update.  Your messages will appear here as soon as they are available.  I've shared a notebook with a co worker.  Should that show up here?  Thanks for any help!!

Hey @bgreiner0706

What version of Evernote and iOS are you running? Can you attach a screenshot of the message you're seeing? To take a screenshot, press the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time. The screen will flash white and the screenshot will be saved to 'All Photos' in your Photos app.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The responses above are useless. This is an appalling UI / UX experience. I have the same problem which was preceded by sending out a link (to share a notebook), then, on the target device (iPhone), clicking on that link (in an e-mail). This opens up in evernote.com which, in turn, transfers to the AppStore. Since the Evernote application has already been downloaded, 'Open' is displayed instead of 'Install'. Upon opening the application, it appears to have absolutely no knowledge of the link originally clicked on. Navigating to the 'Work Chat' (why 'Work Chat', is one not supposed to use this outside of work?), I get the message as shown above asking for the one time message update. Surely, someone at Evernote must know what causes this message to display. Why is opening a support request necessary? Do you not know the UI flow of your own application? Why not put a button on that message screen that performs the update requested?

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, lastfreedom said:

Do you not know the UI flow of your own application?

This is (mainly) a user-supported forum for the exchange of ideas and work-arounds,  so we don't necessarily have a detailed knowledge of every UX experience.  Support requests get you to the folks at Evernote who are better informed.

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2016 at 7:27 AM, amanda_h said:

Thanks! Please submit a support request at https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/ and include the activity log from your iOS device so our Customer Support Team can help investigate this. If you post your ticket number here, I can snag that and start the troubleshooting process.

On 03/02/2016 at 6:28 AM, amanda_h said:

@TonyVee

My first suggestion would be signing out of the Evernote app and rebooting your iOS device. If you still receive that message when accessing Work Chat, please submit a support request at https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/ and include a copy of the activity log from that device so our Customer Support Team can help further investigate this. 

I tried this and it does not work.

I have been an Evernote user for many years, this is the first time the product has let me down with this annoying issue which also infrequently forces me to enter my apple id password as if it wants to do an upgrade or similar.  Obviously many users are experiencing this issue.  Please take a more serious look at it.

Many thanks in anticipation.

PS I am a basic user - could that have something to do with it ?

Archived