How to attach saved files in Evernote to email

I am a political junkie, reading 15 to 20 articles a day on my iPad Air 2 and saving many as PDF's for later emailing as attachments to others.  I was using an app called To PDF to create/save these articles as PDF's... Then transferring them to Google's DRIVE from where my Gmail app can "attach" them for sending.   With the intro of iOS 9.0 - 9.2 however, To PDF stopped working as simply as previously, and I was forced to add 2-3 meaningless steps in order to complete the PDF document.  So I began my quest to find a simpler way to create these PDF's.  Taa daa!, I discovered how amazingly simple it was to SAVE these PDF's to Evernote!  So I've started saving articles to Notebooks in Evernote.  This brings me to another problem... How can I either 1) attach these articles in Notebooks in Evernote to an email in my Gmail app?  Or, 2) how can I send an email...   With multiple of these articles saved in Evernote... to multiple friends ... from within Evernote?  It seems to be possible... But it doesn't appear to be simple, or straightforward, or even consistent.  Any help?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  You might have a couple of options.  You can't multi-select notes,  but if you long-press a note and choose 'see all' and  'send a copy' you'll be able to choose recipients to send by email.  You can also Share from the same menu and send a copy of the note by email.  Best try these out by sending a test PDF to yourself first,  so you know what your contacts will see... worst feature is that the emails come from <yourname> no-reply@Evernote.com,  so your contacts' anti-spam might object.  Possibly an email to all to warn them first?>..

Hi,

I am also disappointed and suprised to learn from web posts that for an application that is very good at collecting data,  it is actually very difficult to email from it? I don't understand what it meant by "long press"?  

Can you please advise

Thank you

Garrett

PS This appears to be a marketing strategy, if that is what it is. It is in bad faith.

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's pretty easy to send an email,  and 'long press' is something you'll need for most Android apps.  Means tap-and-hold (briefly) so that a new menu pops up.  Plus Evernote isn't an email client.  You can also download an attachment to your Android device to send from your own email address,  but that seemed impractical in your case if you're sending a lot of emails.  And yes,  there's a fair amount of branding if you email from Evernote,  but 1) it's possible to avoid that if you want to,  and 2) the 'no-reply' sending address is because you're using Evernote's server to send the email.  Evernote doesn't have the authority to use your email credentials to send an email from your system.

Hi Gazumped,

Thanks for replying so promptly. Apologies in my first post but I was quite frustrated in learning that it is not so straight forward in getting information out of Evernote, which was disappointing to learn. I have found that for the most part I can copy and past from Evernote to other applications when using my Laptop. This is not ideal. It would be much better to be to able to export in to common formats e.g csv, ms word etc...

Thanks for help.

Garret

Archived