Upgrading to Premium with different currency

Hi,

I am currently living in Malaysia, and an EN Plus subscriber since last Sept. I purchased my 1-year subscription in USD, probably from Mac or iOS app store. 

I want to upgrade to Premium after realising the affordable pricing in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). However, the only instance where I can see this pricing is when I go to the EN pricing page on my web browser, without logging in. As soon as I log in to complete the purchase, the price changes to USD.

Is there any way for me to upgrade now, or do I need to let my current USD Plus subscription end, and subscribe to Premium in MYR then?

• Level 5*

Hi.  To avoid problems (with no disrespect to resellers in general) I'd suggest you renew your existing account via the account settings in Evernote. 

Try this link to extend an existing subscription - https://www.evernote.com/Checkout.action

Depending on your payment method,  you may be able to set your subscription to auto renew monthly or yearly from the 'Account Summary' page. There's more about purchasing, managing, or canceling your Evernote subscription here https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314118

Hope that helps..

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
On 5/16/2018 at 8:01 AM, amitkapila said:

Hi Faridp,  I have the exact same issue. (although its in India). 

Was your issue resolved ? How was it resolved? Could you guide me please ?

would be much appreciated.

See my post in January 2016.  If the fixes in this thread don't help,  contact Support.

• 2 years later...

Same issue. Opened a support ticket for the same. Did you guys get any response?

I recently got to know that Evernote is charging me in USD all this time when the Indian rates were much lesser. I am a user in India and have been using Evernote since 2010. This is so unfair. I feel cheated all this time :(

I want to switch to a premium account and can see that it costs only 1500 rupees, whereas I have been paying 35USD for Plus, which is about 2400 rupees yearly for PLUS. A tier lower for double the amount! What a joke!!!

Pricing was apparently updated in 2016 as per this article - https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/social/evernote-revised-prices-for-india-yearly-subscription/#

I have been paying double for a lower tier all this time.

1519192661_IndianRates.thumb.jpg.e8926054a8295494a48957b6e0aabf23.jpg

1735210953_chargingmeforplusinUSD.thumb.jpg.bb2bf6e3deb03bb1e14b0dbf70a5cfaa.jpg

• Level 5*
On 6/20/2020 at 4:21 AM, ranzzit said:

I have been paying double for a lower tier all this time.

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported Forum,  so have no information at all about pricing.  You've done the right thing in opening a ticket - please let us know here what the eventual outcome is.

• 4 months later...

This happened to me as well, previous year I was paid 1500 rupees (Indian Rupees), Now I am charged 69.99 USD, it is more than the double of actual pricing in India.

I have filed a ticket for the same and yet to receive response from support.

• 2 months later...

Did anybody receive a response from the ticket they submitted? 

When I try to renew, it comes up in Taiwan Dollars for $67.50 per month (about USD$2) following a 40% off coupon that is automatically applied. 

However, when I try to renew in my account, it wants to bill for USD$7.99 per month. 

I submitted a ticket last week but didn't hear anything and my Premium subscription of eight years expired. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, terryjbenzie said:

I submitted a ticket last week

Hi.  Did you get a standard acknowledgement and a ticket number?  Post that number here and we can bounce it up to an Evernote Admin for comment...

16 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Did you get a standard acknowledgement and a ticket number?  Post that number here and we can bounce it up to an Evernote Admin for comment...

I finally received a response. They said that:

We're currently in the process of updating and improving our billing system, and while we’re excited about the improvements these updates will bring, the ability to change currencies mid-subscription is not available.

I wasn't trying to change currencies mid-subscription or trying to change currencies in any manner.  

However, they did send me a link that led me to the correct currency....at a higher price. If I go in through my desktop app, I continue to receive a better offer...but using the wrong currency.  

Frustrating though I suppose that I will simply wait things out for a few months and hope that they get things back in order.  

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Me too..  My subscription on my google play store is $45.

The current price for my currency is P1560 which is around $32.

But when i log on to my evernote browser or my android app setting is says $69.

So im confused if i should cut my subscription to renew coz it feels like a trap lol

I did put in another ticket item for this a few months after my previous response and received the same response from Evernote about being "excited" to be able to change currencies mid-subscription, which, again, is not what I was trying to do. 

The cost in Taiwan is nearer to that of the price in the US and my differential was based on a huge discount offered to be in one currency but not another.  Honestly, I used to think that Evernote was one of the best subscriptions I had and haven't been precisely been able to replicate it but let the subscription end out of principle. In the meantime, it has been blocked on every computer that I use for work out of some kind of security concerns so the decision was a good one and I wouldn't have been using it that much anyway.  

I do continue to hope that somebody buys the company and gets things in order.  

• Level 5

What is so difficult about it ?

You pay whatever currency is accepted, whatever price is charged. This gives you a subscription for the defined period, I think 1 year is the maximum.

When renewal is up, same procedure.

If you want to find out whether you are on „full“ or „reduced“ Premium, simply ask support. I doubt this depends on the amount of money paid in local coin, it depends on the „drawer“ your subscription was placed in.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, PinkElephant said:

You pay whatever currency is accepted, whatever price is charged. This gives you a subscription for the defined period, I think 1 year is the maximum.

Don't you think quoting a price then nearly doubling that number when you click through to pay is a bit of a sketchy practice? 

If you went to buy a phone and the price tag was USD$300 then you went to check out and were charged $500...and they were going to bill you in French francs meaning you'd have to pay currency conversation costs as well, would you really simply shrug your shoulders?

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Why not as support ?

They have a ticket type for billing issues.

If you mean "why doesn't support help with this issue", that's what we're discussing here.  

He doesn't understand the economics part of it.  Evernote knew that in order for their software to gain traction on other countries they need yo adjust their pricing according to the average cost of living in that country. 

Sadly they suck on implementing it.

Maybe the department have OCD thinking that the western people will start using vpn to cut cost on their subscription.  LoL

• Level 5

That is exactly the point: The automatic implementation sucks (if the described behavior is as it is, which I believe).

The only way to get it rebated to the advertised price is through support - you can’t discuss with an algorithm.

I would make a screen copy of the advertised price, a screen copy of the conversion rate to $, calculate the real price based on local currency in US$ and contact support about it. Legally they have to sell for the advertised price, no matter what the automatic process charges.

Can’t guarantee success, and of course the automatic process should work as advertised.