Auto email forwarding to EN w/ 'subject line'

This post below JMichaelTX says he has a way to forward emails to evernote and also add tags to the subject line. I guess he is using Keyboard Maestro? I hope he can explain as I would love to forward certain emails and have them go to a notebook and be tagged too. Only way to do that is adding stuff to the subject line. Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

I'd like to find about auto-forwarding
I tried using a mail rule on the Mac, but it reformats the message; removes html etc.
I tried using a mail rule in Gmail, but it uses a resend instead of forward.  When evernote sees mail using the special email address, it strips out the header.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Eatsnax said:

This post below JMichaelTX says he has a way to forward emails to evernote and also add tags to the subject line. I guess he is using Keyboard Maestro?

Yes, the main method I have of forwarding email from Outlook 2011 to my Evernote account uses Keyboard Maestro .  I will be glad to share my KM macro, but I need to clean it up a bit for public consumption.  I'll try to get this done soon, but give me a week.  If I haven't posted the KM macro by then, feel free to ping me as a reminder.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

Yes, the main method I have of forwarding email from Outlook 2011 to my Evernote account uses Keyboard Maestro .

When I'm at my Mac, using Apple Mail,  I use a dedicated app called EverMail.
Its a more direct that forwarding mail and allows tagging and folder selection.

For some mail, I'd like to have this automated.  Mail rules haven't worked out.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, DTLow said:

When I'm at my Mac, using Apple Mail,  I use a dedicated app called EverMail.

Does EverMail work with Outlook 2011?  I believe the OP was looking for a solution that worked with Outlook email.

8 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Does EverMail work with Outlook 2011?  I believe the OP was looking for a solution that worked with Outlook email.

No sir I do not use Outlook but if I needed to I would I suppose. I just want an automated solution right now it seems that only IFTTT is the way? 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Eatsnax said:

No sir I do not use Outlook

Thanks for clarifying.  Your original post referred to a thread titled "Automatic Forwarding rule from Outlook", so I thought you were looking for a solution that worked with Outlook.

In that case, there's no need for me to post my KM macro that uses Outlook.

Archived