(Archived) IE7 error opening EverNote3 notebook

I tried to open my EverNote3 notebook "eCGI" today from IE7 and got the following error:

Unknown exception (com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: JavaScript SyntaxError exception: Out of memory) during operation (Note query).

The same notebook opens fine in Firefox.

I tried to open my EverNote3 notebook "eCGI" today from IE7 and got the following error:

Unknown exception (com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: JavaScript SyntaxError exception: Out of memory) during operation (Note query).

The same notebook opens fine in Firefox.

Hi Vogelap!

Is this issue reproducible or was it just an occasional case?

And how many notes do you have in this notebook?

Thanks,

-- Dan

It seems to be happening all the time with this particular ENbase, which has 82 notes in it. The error occured again when I tried it just now...

post-6645-131906061954_thumb.jpg

Please let me know if you'd like me to try anything else.

Please let me know if you'd like me to try anything else.

Yeah, thanks. Looks like we need some more magic from you.

Would you please do the following:

1. log out of the EN web client in IE

2. empty IE's cache (Tools menu --> Delete Browsing History --> delete "Temporary Internet Files")

3. close all IE windows

4. open IE and log into the EN web client

5. check is the problem still reproducible

Thanks again,

-- Dan

Would you please do the following:

1. log out of the EN web client in IE

2. empty IE's cache (Tools menu --> Delete Browsing History --> delete "Temporary Internet Files")

3. close all IE windows

4. open IE and log into the EN web client

5. check is the problem still reproducible

I followed your steps to the letter and the problem persists.

Would you like me to try making the notebook public so you can check it yourself?

Would you like me to try making the notebook public so you can check it yourself?

Hmm... Public notebook view is different from the default one in the Web Client. So I am not sure that this issue will be reproducible there.

But we can try to do this if you have nothing private in this notebook.

Please send me a private message on the forum with the link to the default notebook.

Thank you for you help,

-- Dan

I marked it public for a moment and was able to open it via the public URL. When I marked it private again, the error returned, so I don't know if that will help with anything. Please let me know how you want me to proceed.

We recently rolled out some updates to IE7. Can you try it again, let us know if the problem persists.

Hi Alex.

I followed your steps (listed above) to the letter and the problem still persists.

Archived