(Archived) Unknown error while transfer

davidmp

Idea

Hello all,

Since some days, i can't do transfer from Evernote client to your server.

I got this message (in my french language)

« Echec de la synchronisation : erreur inconnue de transfert. La synchronisation a échoué suite à une erreur de transfert de données inattendue avec les serveurs Evernote. Si le problème persiste, contactez le support technique Evernote. »

I'm a old timer Evernote and premium user.

Please tell me what can i do ?

5 replies to this idea

Please update to the latest version (1.7.0) which was released yesterday.

If you still see the problem in this version, then go to: Help > Activity Log...

If you don't see an obvious source of the problem there, then please use the Copy to Clipboard button and then paste the clipboard here so I can see it.

Hello Dave,

Her's what i can find:

Version: Evernote Mac 1.7.0 (74956)

Locale: fr-FR

WebKit: 531.21.8

WebCore: 531.21.8

Username: davidmp

Mac Model: iMac10,1

CPU Type: Intel

CPU Count: 2

CPU Speed: 3.060000 GHz

RAM: 4.000000 GB

Resident: 126.6 Mo

Virtual: 589.1 Mo

2010-03-05 16:04:19 0x1b6c7150 [ENSyncEngine] ERROR: update failed for note with guid: 6a6bd020-2968-4bb2-a976-54037bea068b

2010-03-05 16:04:19 0x1b6c7150 [ENSyncEngine] INFO: Sync complete.

Could you tell me what to do?

If you have some important unsynced notes, be sure to read the directions at the end of this email to safeguard your information. Otherwise please try the following:

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

Quit Evernote.

In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)

Navigate to "Application Support"

Move the "Evernote" directory from that location to a different place (like the desktop)

Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed

This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database.

*If you do have some unsynchronized notes, you can go to the Note List view, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format before following the above instructions. Once those instructions are finished, you can then import the .enex files you created to restore these exported notes.

Archived