Searching for a string of question marks

I had been forced to migrate from Palm PIMs e.g. Tungsten to BlackBerry PIMs e.g. Storm to Microsoft Outlook Notes to text files then finally arriving at Evernote using the Import Folders feature. There was no easy way to export from MS Notes into MS OneNote despite them being from the same company.

During the migration from Outlook Notes to text files, unicode / UTF-8 characters had been reduced to question marks e.g. "???".

I hope to search out these question marks in Evernote so I can manually copy and paste the characters written in other languages.

Currently Evernote on Windows Desktop does not respond to searches for question marks.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, HeartOfGold said:

During the migration from Outlook Notes to text files, unicode / UTF-8 characters had been reduced to question marks e.g. "???".

If you still have these text files, and assuming you can relate each file to an EN Note, you might try searching the text files to identify the EN Note.

If you happen to have access to a Mac, you could do all of this using AppleScript or JXA, and tag each EN Note that needs to be updated.

14 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

If you still have these text files, and assuming you can relate each file to an EN Note, you might try searching the text files to identify the EN Note.

If you happen to have access to a Mac, you could do all of this using AppleScript or JXA, and tag each EN Note that needs to be updated.

Great suggestion! I used the free and good Notepad++ to search out the question marks.

Archived