(Archived) Create a link to an e-mail

vman4639

Idea

I have tried this is the basic version without luck and would like to know if I can do this in the premium version.

I want to drag an e-mail from Mail.app into Evernote and have it create a link back to the e-mail - I do not want to copy the entire e-mail into a note, or even clip anything, just a link.

I know it can be done - some of the competitors to Evernote do this exact thing - I just prefer Evernote and would rather do it here.

Anyone know if the premium version allows this?

thanks.

7 replies to this idea

No, you cannot create a link to an email.

Thanks. Is there a process that accomplishes something similar? For instance, I can drag the e-mail from Mail.app to the Desktop and create a file there - could I then drag that file to Evernote to create a link? I could have a special folder for this purpose. I tested this in the basic version without luck.

If you click on a message in Mail.app, hit Cmd-C to copy it, then select "Paste to Evernote" from the Elephant menu, the email message will be pasted as a new note in Evernote, and the "source URL" field for the note will be filled in with a message:// link back to the original email message.

If you click on a message in Mail.app, hit Cmd-C to copy it, then select "Paste to Evernote" from the Elephant menu, the email message will be pasted as a new note in Evernote, and the "source URL" field for the note will be filled in with a message:// link back to the original email message.

Ooops...my bad. :)

Archived