Choose single image or PDF not to show preview

Embedding images and PDFs with its own preview in the middle of a document is a very nice feature but sometimes it becomes a hell when you have a lot of them in a document. they waste a lot of space and even PDF rendering make the notes very unusable.

Sometimes you just have several images and files on a note, and an image is an important image which you want to be always visible, but other images are just there to keep them between some docs, and you want them to show as a small file icon, not the whole image.

Same for PDFs: I have notes with an important contract which I want to show its preview, but below there are five bills I don't want to be previewed, they take a lot of space and make working with the note very hard.

I'd like to be able to right click an image or PDF and select a "show thumbnail" option, so I can toggle a single image or PDF to show its preview or not to show it.

-------------

Related: 

• Level 5*

OK - images are a problem - PNG and JPG will always show 'inline' rather than as an attachment,  but PDFs can be switched individually in Windows desktop to show (or not) either way.  Right click the PDF window (or icon) and tick/ untick "Show as Attachment".  To 'hide' (and/or secure) pictures,  add them to one or more PDF file(s) and switch to 'attachment'.  Pay attention to the PDF settings to preserve the quality of the pictures.  Or better: include a small thumbnail in the note with a link to the original in a 'proper' (sorry Evernote) picture storage location like Flickr. 

(If anyone knows of,  or is in the market to write,  a small app to take a picture in another location - like Flickr, DropBox etc -  link to and thumbnail it,  and post the resulting small picture URL into Evernote I for one would be interested to hear of it...)

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2016 at 0:55 AM, gazumped said:

but PDFs can be switched individually in Windows desktop to show (or not) either way.  Right click the PDF window (or icon) and tick/ untick "Show as Attachment"

Really thank you. I read that, tried it, and used it for weeks, now I realized I forgot to thank you before xD

About images, hope the same behavior will be implemented soon...

Archived