User account changed without me knowing it!

Jeffz

I recently upgraded iPhones.  After getting the new phone set up, I tried using Scannable to save a PDF to Evernote.  However, I couldn't find the note after I did the scan.  I poked around in the Scannable settings and realized it was connected to an Evernote account that I DON'T OWN!!  The username was similar to mine, but it was NOT my account.  I had to log Scannable out of Evernote and reconnect it with my actual account.  Has anyone heard of this before?  How could this happen?  I don't think I scanned anything else sensitive, but I really can't remember.  WTF?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not heard of this before,  no clue how it could happen,  and I'd be extremely surprised if an update to the phone or the app could actively change login details - especially not to a valid alternate user. 

It is sometimes easy to inadvertently set up a new account when logging into the app for the first time,  and it sounds most likely that's what you did.

I'd suggest completing a support request - follow the Help Center in my signature below and scroll to the bottom of the Troubleshooting page for the Contact Support button.  They may be able to set your mind at rest if you can supply enough details of the 'phantom' account..

Archived