Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, i accidentally placed this post in Evernote forum for Windows, as there was a discussion going on in there about this topic. But since i am actually using mac, i am posting it again here, in hope that someone will shed some light on this:

 

I am using Evernote 6.3 on the mac and the stack searching (stack:nameofstack) does not work. I tried with some existing stacks, and with the new simple stack i just made. I have a stack called 'book1' containing two notebooks (book2 and book3) with one note inside of each. Notebook book3 has a word 'rose' inside one note. 

if i type into search bar

stack:book1 rose

- nothing happens, zero results.

If i simply type

rose

- it returns the note from book3, plus any other notes with the word rose in them...

I should also point out that other types of searches, e.g. notebook:nameofnotebook etc work fine for me.

Any new insights? This is very frustrating as i'm sure it used to work in the past. I have a huge stack called WORK and i really want to search in notebookes inside it. Should i write to Evernote support?

Link to post
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, dizzi101 said:

I am using Evernote 6.3 on the mac and the stack searching (stack:nameofstack) does not work.

I normally don't use stacks that much, but I just changed my EN organization to do so.
I just tested search with the stack: qualifier, and to my amazement found that it is case sensitive.  

  • So, my stack name is "ACTIVE_STACK".  
  • Searching for stack:active_stack did NOT find any notes.
  • But searching for stack:ACTIVE_STACK found all of the notes in all of the NBs in that stack.

Does your actual stack name have any uppercase characters by chance?

I think this is a bug.  I'm going to submit a format bug report, and I encourage you to do the same.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

 

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Link to post
29 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

I normally don't use stacks that much, but I just changed my EN organization to do so.
I just tested search with the stack: qualifier, and to my amazement found that it is case sensitive.  

  • So, my stack name is "ACTIVE_STACK".  
  • Searching for stack:active_stack did NOT find any notes.
  • But searching for stack:ACTIVE_STACK found all of the notes in all of the NBs in that stack.

Does your actual stack name have any uppercase characters by chance?

I think this is a bug.  I'm going to submit a format bug report, and I encourage you to do the same.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

 

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

nope, i do not have any uppercases in my stack name, but it doesn't work. if i search for

stack:book1 rose

the search engine 'thinks' it is searching for all notes that have the word 'stack:book1' and the word 'rose' in them... i.e it is not treating my 'stack:' as a search operator :( 

there seems to be something fishy - i will write to evernote too

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, dizzi101 said:

stack:book1 rose

the search engine 'thinks' it is searching for all notes that have the word 'stack:book1' and the word 'rose' in them... i.e it is not treating my 'stack:' as a search operator

That's a bummer.  Try renaming your "book1" stack to something else.  You might even try all uppercase like in my stack name, just as a test/workaround.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...