Encrypt an image or note?

Hello, I see you can encrypt text when highlighting it, but I am trying to put a sensitive photo in Evernote and the encrypt option vanishes for some reason. I am not seeing it as an option on a note, or a notebook as well. These are truly critical features, but I am missing the ways to implement them. 

• Level 5*

I'm more concerned with encrypting my attached PDFs and photos than text, so I'm not finding EverNote's encryption that useful. I'm looking at an add on app called Saferoom

• Level 5*

Saferoom is a nice option, and I highly recommend giving it a try. Before I upload anything sensitive to the cloud, I make sure that it is encrypted, and I've found encrypting PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Pro works well. It has support for 256-bit encryption. For images, you just convert the image to a PDF and encrypt it.

• Level 5*

Agree with Grumpy, Adobe Pro works well for encryption.  Of course EN search is useless at that point so I'm selective in what gets encrypted or I just keep the PDF local.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, csihilling said:

Adobe Pro works well for encryption.  Of course EN search is useless at that point so I'm selective in what gets encrypted

Actually EN Search can still be quite useful with encrypted PDFs.  
All you need to do is add non-sensitive info to the Note:

• Assign tags to note
  • Put keywords in Note Title
  • Put keywords at top of Note body
  • Add a brief summary at top of Note body.

IOW, just add whatever information you would like to find the Note/PDF with in the future.

• Level 5*

My only point was search is useless against the contents of the PDF.  Typically for me the tags and title are enough to find the note, then open the PDF and search if need be.

• Level 5*

13 hours ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

I've found encrypting PDFs using Adobe Acrobat Pro works well

On my Mac I have the option of encrypting PDFs with the built in Preview app.

Archived