How to draw on notes with Apple Pencil

Hi,

I would like to makes notes and add sketches to existing notes with my Apple Pencil.  Is this possible and if so how?  If I try all that happens is the pencil moves the page about, if I click the drawing icon it just creates a new page.

Am I missing something or is this feature not available yet?

I can't find icons for either of those modes in IOS.  I have icons for reminder, camera, a pen like icon that creates a new page for drawing, share note and search.

I can find annotate in the mac os version of Evernote but then it converts it to a pdf which I really don't want.  What I would like to do is create a note on either my mac or ipad and then be able to draw things on it whilst keeping the note in it's current form like you can with Notability

• Level 5*

For the annotation icon in IOS you have to be viewing a pdf.  It looks like a circled a.

the pen like icon lets you do a sketch or handwriting.  Yes, it gives you a blank canvas, which gets inserted into your original note.

I also use Notability for my detailed notes.  After I finish editing, I file the note in EN as a pdf

Archived