Neil Rutledge

Notes do not show up after renaming tag

DESCRIPTION:

For a period of several minutes after renaming a tag, none of the notes associated with the tag appear when clicking the tag.

REPRO STEPS:

1. Add several notes to a tag.
  2. Rename the tag.
  3. Click on the newly renamed tag.

Unexpected result: no notes appear.

Expected result: all notes associated with the tag appear.

Note: I expected this is some sort of search indexing issue. It is not a major problem but I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. I had been renaming tags on the fly to achieve custom sorting and it's a pain to wait several minutes after renaming.

Hi again Neil, thanks for those steps.

I'm still not able to reproduce this however - on my end, those notes show up right away after renaming a tag. Would you mind confirming your exact Evernote version, as well as what version of OS X you're running? In addition, can you confirm that this occurs for every single tag you rename, or is it perhaps just tags that are linked to a large number of notes? Thanks in advance.

Hi Annah,

Thanks for looking into the issue. I just tested a bit further - it seems this is just a performance issue, not a bug as I first thought. Certainly something I can live with. :)

Scenario 1: Renaming a single tag with only 50 or so notes

The notes displayed when clicking the tag appear almost immediately (they pop up one by one within seconds).

Scenario 2: renaming multiple tags with several hundred notes between them

Some tags will update immediately and show notes when clicking them. Certain tags may show 0 notes for several minutes.

My System Details:

Evernote Version 6.3 (452832 Direct)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB