"Copy Note Link" function omits material inside a pair of angle brackets ('<' and '>') in note title

yoo

problem: "Copy Note Link" function omits material inside a pair of angle brackets ('<' and '>') in note title

example: suppose my note title is: 

<abc> def

if i right click the note, and click "Copy Note Link", and paste the link elsewhere, what I get is a hyperlink whose text is simply "def".  The material enclosed by angle brackets (along with the brackets themselves) has been omitted. It'd be great if this problem could be fixed in the future. Thank you.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, yoo said:

problem: "Copy Note Link" function omits material inside a pair of angle brackets ('<' and '>') in note title

I can confirm this behavior in EN Win 5.9.6 running on Win7 Pro x64.

I suggest that you submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Archived