Image Failure Evernote

During this winter break, I have decided that I want to spend my leisure time reading textbooks and taking notes on them. The one frustrating thing about it though is that some images don't load and are replaced by this symbol. I copied large chunks of my notes, deleted them, then pasted them elsewhere in those notes, and then that comes up. However, this happens with chunks of text that I don't copy and paste (move around). This also happened when I had 60 files in my mathematics folder, but I deleted the ones that I didn't need anymore (the pictures) and emptied the trash. However, it does happen with images not deleted. I do not know what to do. How should I go about fixing this?

I'm using the free Evernote, and everything is up-to-date.

Hi Rio,

This appears to be an issue with copying and pasting images. Our development team is looking into this. In the meantime, I'd like to see if those images can be recovered.

Do you have access to a Mac desktop app that you can try signing into? If so, I can provide instructions which should allow you to recover the deleted notes. If you backup your Windows machine we can also recover the notes that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, carl hong said:

any update  ??

As kgg has said, the development team was working on it. I got an update that was, and I quote, "overdue." It claims to solve the problem of moving images with copy/paste, so I see no point in this thread anymore. Hopefully, it does work for everybody now.

We do believe this issue should be resolved in the most recent beta version of the application: 

Likewise, please feel free to wait for the public release which should be available soon.

• 1 month later...

Experiencing broken/missing image over here too, running on OSX (EN v6.7.1). Totally scary, can't feel like I can rely on Evernote. Really unacceptable to be having data loss

I'm a premium user, and revisions in history have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @spartaaaaa,

The issue identified in this thread was specific to an issue on the Windows application. If you are experiencing a separate issue, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to take a look.

Archived