Associate clip type with tag or notebook

bender83

Idea

I think the webclipper is honestly the greatest part of Evernote, and the reason I keep using the software.

I would love the ability to associate a clip type - for example 'Bookmark' - with either a notebook or a tag.

I have a notebook called 'Bookmarks' - and would automatically like my Bookmark clips to go into that notebook - likewise, I'd like pdf's tagged as 'pdf'... 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Not sure what version you are using, but with FireFox in Windows you can modify/add the notebook and tags per the screenshot below.  Or you can select Options on the bottom and set notebook and Always tag with.

ScreenClip.png

Of course, manually changing it is always an option, but I want the process to be automatic - the key part of the sentence being "per clip type" - I can set 'always tag with' - but that doesn't specifically tag based on that clip type... 'Bookmarks' tag or notebook for boomarks, 'selection' tag for 'selection' type clips etc...

• Level 5*

Got that, just doesn't work that way today. 

A workaround would be to use the Always tag... option with the prevalent clip type.  Then only change when not that type.  There are searches like resource:application/pdf that will find all notes containing a PDF.  

• Level 5*

Would search for source:web.clip work for you?

If you really need the notes specially tagged or notebook you could run the search periodically and do a mass tagging or move to a notebook.

Thanks for the suggestion DTLow, but that still doesn't differentiate the KIND of web clip.

csihilling: I get that it doesn't work that way, that's why I'm suggesting a new option. For me there IS no prevalent clip type, sometimes I'm saving bookmarks, sometimes articles, sometimes full pages... it'd just be good to even have some way of searching if the ability to change tags for tag types isn't going to happen, for example even as DTLow suggested, source:web.clip::bookmark or source:web.clip::simplified_article... then I could tag them as such in bulk.

Archived