(Archived) Maintaining a Non-Internet Based Evernote

I must admit I'm starting to worry that the new version of Evernote will undermine what is now a fabulous note-keeping program. I simply have no use for an internet-based Evernote. I wouldn't trust the security of it to post all my private information and I don't see the need for it. I'm quite satisfied with the current approach of 2.2 that permits me to update my computers using a flash drive. (I wouldn't mind if the updating could be done through Foldershare, as all of my other text files are updated, but I can live with the flash drive routine.) I'm concerned that the internet-based Evernote is going to take more memory, and weaken what is now a stable, dependable program. In my view, the programers at Evernote should be very careful to make it easily possible to turn off all internet-based options and retain the current model of the program for those of us who prefer it that way.

Yes, we realize that some of our users won't have any immediate need for internet and mobile capabilities we are adding. You can continue to use 2.2 - it's our most feature-reach and fully supported desktop version. Over time Evernote 3.x Windows client will become a better product even for desktop-only users, casual and "power users" alike.

Besides, you'll get an option to go mobile, if you choose to...

Actually I've been pretty successful using Evernote 2.2 with Foldershare, I've only had a couple of glitches, but overall works great. I keep the database in it's own folder and sync that, I just make sure that I have it closed on whatever computer when I'm done with it .... now I'd be out of luck if I wanted it open all the time on multiple computers .....

Ciao!

Actually I've been pretty successful using Evernote 2.2 with Foldershare, I've only had a couple of glitches, but overall works great. I keep the database in it's own folder and sync that, I just make sure that I have it closed on whatever computer when I'm done with it .... now I'd be out of luck if I wanted it open all the time on multiple computers .....

Ciao!

I'd like to understand What's the problem with using EN/Win 3.0 in "Work Offline" mode with FolderShare? How is it different from 2.2?

I'd like to understand What's the problem with using EN/Win 3.0 in "Work Offline" mode with FolderShare? How is it different from 2.2?

I've not gotten that far yet :( I was letting hschwartz know that 2.2 does work with FolderShare. I'm planning on trying EN/Win 3.0 with foldershare, in which I suspect that it will work fine :)

Archived