(Archived) Text Recognition in PDFs for Premium accounts--or Alternativ

I upgraded to Premium mainly to have my handwritten notes both organized and searchable. After doing some reading here and in the Blog, i see that only printed text in PDFs becomes searchable. Here are a couple questions:

I notice that even carefully printed handwritten block letters are not searchable. Is that truly the case?

I need a solution that allows me to scan multiple pages at once, as you can do with scanners that do PDFs, but produce a handwriting recognizable file. I guess I have to do a multi-page TIFF for this. Is that correct? Does anyone know an easy way to convert mult-page PDF to multi-page TIFF?

Does the compression of a TIFF file make a difference? Must it be uncompressed or is LZW compression OK? Is there an optimal minimum resolution that can be used so that file size can be minimized?

Also, I take notes on lined paper and graph paper. Does the faint background image of the lines interfere with handwriting recognition? How about paper that isn't plain white?

We don't process anything within .TIFF files ... these would just be stored like a .ZIP file or some other unsupported type.

Our JPEG processing libraries do a lot better with handwriting than our PDF system, so you may want to use JPEG if you are relying on handwriting.

If you drag that image out of your client onto the desktop and inspected it there, I think you'd find that the actual image is a PNG or a JPEG. (Perhaps the client automatically converted a TIF file you added ...)

Thanks

Actually, as I drag it to the desktop, it still is a TIF file. You may be right, tho, that some TIF files have a low-res JPG embedded that allows some programs to preview the image. Perhaps that's why this TIF got recognized, tho many of my others aren't.

Archived