Problem Searching MS Word Documents

I have many long MS Word documents that I drag and drop into Evernote so they will be searchable. When I search for words I know are within those documents, the search results bring the notes up, but it does not take me directly to the place within the Word document where that word that I searched for occurs. I have to scroll through the Word document itself to find the occurrence. And even then the searched-for word is not highlighted or boxed as with search results for other types of notes. This gets frustrating as many of these documents are 50 pages or so long. Is this just something I have to deal with or is it fixable?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Word has its own search option,  so you can jump to the word with a document;  all Evernote can do though is show you the relevant document(s).  HIghlights are not always possible,  especially in long documents.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, J Davis said:

I have many long MS Word documents that I drag and drop into Evernote so they will be searchable. When I search for words I know are within those documents, the search results bring the notes up, but it does not take me directly to the place within the Word document where that word that I searched for occurs.

What EN platform/client are you using?

Search and highlight of found text in Word docs works for me in EN Mac 6.3 on Yosemite (10.10.5).

Archived