New Forum Feedback

JMichaelTX

My Gosh! Evernote's website is really not user-friendly. I simply want to offer Evernote an improving idea that flashed across my mind, but instead I had to spend 20 minutes in finding the right place to leave a message. Now I only want to complain instead of suggest.

I am a Chinese version evernote user, but this English forum is the only place I could find to leave a piece of advice. No e-mail address could be found. No message board could be found on the website/blog. The "contact me" part makes it even harder to contact to any real person in evernote.

The idea I have that costs me so much time is:

Since sogou(搜狗)can now search articles from wechat official account and zhihu, why not let it show searching result from evernote (if that piece of information is opened)? People could choose to share certain notebook with all people online in a neatly designed and well-classified way without troubling posting all the info again on blogs or other websites. In that way, I could easily share all of my study note with people online y.  

Evernote has advantage in storing huge amount of knowledge and the "tag" function makes it really convenient in locating information from the giant info pool. As far as I know, maintaining a personal website both costs money and requires design talent that not everyone has. Furthermore, other blogs/websites do not offer as good classification function as evernote. Last but not least, evernote's function of encrypting certain sentences could be really useful in avoiding examination of sensitive materials without sacrificing the whole article.

Finally, I've poured out all that I want to say.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, constellationivy said:

Since sogou(搜狗)can now search articles from wechat official account and zhihu, why not let it show searching result from evernote (if that piece of information is opened)? People could choose to share certain notebook with all people online in a neatly designed and well-classified way without troubling posting all the info again on blogs or other websites. In that way, I could easily share all of my study note with people online 

It's an interesting idea, but why restrict it to sogou(搜狗, why not open the search to Google etc

btw  You did discover a good forum to post in, but it would have been better to start a new discussion topic.  It's not nice to hijack an ongoing discussion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I'd like to suggest removing the Guru title on our profiles

It serves no purpose, and seems to confuse/intimidate/upset some users

edited: oops,  I posted this in the wrong discussion.  I meant it to be in @gbarrys Welcome to the new Evernote Discussion Forums

Anyways, the discussion is good, I'd vote for blank, except for official titles like Employee ( Plant, Shill, Groupie etc)

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm so tired of Guru-shaming... :) 

Frankly, the people it seems to bother the most (or who worry about post counts) are people I don't care a lot about. But is there a better label you'd recommend, or just have nothing?

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, DTLow said:

I am not interested in what the mouth-breathers think. They take offense at what they want to because they like being offended. If they didn't like taking offense they would give it back. Let them be offended. 

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, EdH said:

I am not interested in what the mouth-breathers think.

I'm not either but I also think the Guru title should just be removed.  I don't see that it serves any purpose.  Note count is just an indicator of activity not of knowledge or helpfulness.  I've seen some very helpful or insightful comments from new or low count posters and some unhelpful or even incorrect responses from high note count posters.  Anyone that bothers to follow the forum will figure out on their own which responses are worth reading and which are not.  A forum title, at least for me, doesn't factor in.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, dbvirago said:

So, Lord of Thunder is pretty much out then?

You can change the label that's under your name but over your avatar to pretty much anything you like. It's in your profile, under Member Title. I'd say go for it!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, jefito said:

You can change the label that's under your name but over your avatar to pretty much anything you like. It's in your profile, under Member Title. I'd say go for it!

Thanks for the tip.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I'm not either but I also think the Guru title should just be removed.

4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

A forum title, at least for me, doesn't factor in.

Which is it? It should be removed, or it doesn't factor in?

5 hours ago, jefito said:

Not seeing it. Maybe you have to be a Guru. Or a Star-Bellied Sneetch

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dbvirago said:

Not seeing it. Maybe you have to be a Guru. Or a Star-Bellied Sneetch

Hmmm -- click on the down arrow next your avatar up at the right-hand side of the forum, and select "Profile". From there, look for the "EDIT PROFILE" button on the right-hand side of the page  (there's a little pencil icon next to it), and click on that. You should get a pop-up window with "Member Title" on it. That's the one. Hopefully you don't need to be a Guru or Sneetch of any kind to access that...

Hi

Ii'm Martin from Argentina.

Since I have not found a proper feedback forum in spanish, i will write here.

Yesterday i've updated the windows version of the service, an as every time I update it, i get the same annoying problem. With each update, the direct access of the app reset its location to the desktop. I dont use it on desktop, but i like to use it as a tile on the windows start menu.

Since the direct access resets itself to the desktop, i have to MANUALLY DELETE the desktop one, and retile it to the star menu. THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN. Otherwise the app its all i need to keep tracking of my notes, works, plans, and etc. But annoyiances like this prevent me to buy the service.

Also, you seriusly have to review the spanish translate on the web site, and on the windows app. There are some weird words and sentences without mean.

Keep working, its a good product!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, martinfpaponi said:

Hi

Ii'm Martin from Argentina.

Since I have not found a proper feedback forum in spanish, i will write here.

Yesterday i've updated the windows version of the service, an as every time I update it, i get the same annoying problem. With each update, the direct access of the app reset its location to the desktop. I dont use it on desktop, but i like to use it as a tile on the windows start menu.

Since the direct access resets itself to the desktop, i have to MANUALLY DELETE the desktop one, and retile it to the star menu. THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN. Otherwise the app its all i need to keep tracking of my notes, works, plans, and etc. But annoyiances like this prevent me to buy the service.

Also, you seriusly have to review the spanish translate on the web site, and on the windows app. There are some weird words and sentences without mean.

Keep working, its a good product!

Since you wrote this in English, it should be in one of the english feedback forums for whatever product you are using which I assume is Windows. Those forums are here. the forum you posted this in is about the forum software itself, not the Evernote product in any way.

That said, it seems you don't like the Evernote icon being put on your desktop. That is just how apps work unfortunately. Every time I update iTunes, TextPad, Evernote, and half a dozen other legacy desktop apps, I have to delete the shortcut from the desktop. If you put it on the start menu, it shouldn't go away from there. I have EN pinned to my task bar and it stays put between upgrades.

Any further discussion should be in the product forums linked to above though.

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

I think it was a 300-post qualifyer to be able to add your own name..

Only 94 posts to go, but without another epic thread, that may take a while. 

What can we argue about next? 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, dbvirago said:

The epic thread is continuing on, failing that, you can always hop onto the ever popular "Why is there no Linux version of Evernote" fest?

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, dbvirago said:

I'm still waiting for an OS2 version of Evernote.

Besides, have you ever seen a penguin and an elephant together? It just ain't natural

OS/2's coming right up after the Beos version. 

I'm sure Disney's working on the penguin/elephant thing...

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, dbvirago said:

Just go and +1 all the "..... if this was added to EN it would be perfect ...." posts.  Should get you there in no time.  ;)

Archived