Creating notebooks using filters?

What I'd love to be able to do is create notebooks, or some other such saved thing that would allow me to easily a list notes matching particular filters. So for example if a note had tags [ABC] and [XYZ] the notebook would show all notes that individually have both of those tags. It doesn't appear that I can do this, though it would be extremely valuable in creating collections of notes that meet specific requirements. Looked around a bit, but haven't figured it out. Thanks!

• Level 5*

If you do a tag search for ABC and XYZ and use the ANY option you should get all notes that contain both tags, for whatever your context is, whether it be All Notes, a stack or an individual notebook. 

Also, a trick, if you hold the Shift key and click on a tag(s) in the current note EN will return all notes that contain the tag(s), again for the current context.

Thanks for that info... I do do searches currently, but I'm trying to find a way to simplify and provide more visual organization, like is there any way to save the searches and have access to them so that commonly used searches for things that contain multiple tags are one click away? 

• Level 5*

...And if you get a bunch of search results that you like it's possible to create a Table of Contents note - just select all the notes in your list - to act as an index to all notes.

NB  Bad idea to create a new notebook too freely - you get a maximum of 250 in any one account.

• Level 5*
On 12/15/2015 at 2:48 PM, AMT said:

like is there any way to save the searches and have access to them so that commonly used searches for things that contain multiple tags are one click away? 

Yes.  After you run a Search, you can save it as a "Saved Search".

In EN Mac, goto menu Edit > Find > Save Search.  I think EN Win is similar.  IAC, you can do the same in EN Win.
See How to Save Searches Everywhere you Use Evernote 

Thereafter, when you click in the Search box, it should show a dropdown list of your Saved Searches.  Once you have a Saved Search, you can drag it to the Shortcuts section of the left Sidebar.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, AMT said:

Thanks all for the info - sounds like best way to get the desired outcome is to save a handful of searches and shortcut them in the sidebar. Thanks!

Or create a horizontal shortcut bar, easier to get to for me anyway.  View - Shortcuts - Show in Toolbar on Windows.

Archived