Selectively sync notebooks support

Hongbo-Miao

• Level 5

Sure it is different: Local notebooks do not sync up, the proposed non-syncs would not sync down.

I just wanted to point out that one sort of syncing control is already in place, which is setting to local and not syncing up.

The other is as well in place: Not syncing down, if not chosen as „offline“. This would be it, but today it is only available on mobile clients.

So we have all of the tessera  pieces, but it is not put together yet.

Just wanted to add my vote for this feature. Due to concerns about security/theft of personal laptops, it would be awesome to be able to select certain folders that should not sync down to my desktop. Let me know if this feature is already in the pipeline.

I need this, and quickly. My Evernote DB currently is more than 40GB and I can’t stand it anymore on my 256GB SSD. I’ll be forced to leave my Evernote Premium account soon if nothing happens this way. 

• Like 3
On 9/22/2019 at 6:20 AM, smart said:

I need this, and quickly. My Evernote DB currently is more than 40GB and I can’t stand it anymore on my 256GB SSD. I’ll be forced to leave my Evernote Premium account soon if nothing happens this way. 

What version of MacOS are you on?

18 minutes ago, Ionut Oprea said:

I started using Alternote for Mac, it doesnt save everything locally like the Evernote app does.

Be careful with Alternote. It was part of Setapp and then one day without any notice the developers pulled it from the service. They told the creators of Setapp who then passed it on to us users that they were no longer developing the app. The last communication from them about the "new" Alternote 2.0 were back in 2016 and emails from me and others have gone unanswered. If that is where you have a lot of your notes, please make sure you have other options and backup regularly.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Ionut Oprea said:

I had bought Alternote before Setapp and it uses the Evernote API to load and save things, just not locally. If it somehow still dies, I'll build myself a python thin client for the evernote api :))

Sounds like you're on it. Keep telling myself that I'm going to learn how to code so when apps die or need enhancement I can do it myself. I should probably get around to that one day. ;)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Santanu said:

Is it still not available? 

The Mac Legacy product has no support for selective offline notebooks; the full database is sync'd

Evernote is now focussed on the Version 10 product   
Still no support for selective offline notebooks, but the full offline database is optional

6 hours ago, DTLow said:

The Mac Legacy product has no support for selective offline notebooks; the full database is sync'd

Evernote is now focussed on the Version 10 product   
Still no support for selective offline notebooks, but the full offline database is optional

I’ve read about the selective offline db here before, where is the option for that?

• Level 5
3 hours ago, nigelrumsey said:

I’ve read about the selective offline db here before, where is the option for that?

It is a feature in EN iOS, not available for the Mac.

And is has some bugs, so currently it is formally there, but not reliable. Probably one of the next updates is going to fix it.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, nigelrumsey said:

On Mac/Windows, in the Version 10 product, Evernote > Preferences > Save Data   
The only options are yes/no for the full database

On IOS/Android, this is specified at the notebook level for selected Offline Notebooks