Webclipper not clipping to right account

Ed62

I just installed Evernote desktop for my wife, on her user account. I also use it on my user account. If she is on her account, when she opens Evernote, her name appears as it should. But if she uses the webclipper, for some reason it clips to my Evernote account instead of hers. I can't figure out what's going on. Any suggestions will be appreciated greatly.

Ed

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't use IE so it's difficult to advise;  but does the clipper have any options you can set?  If it offers a choice between saving to a local folder or the online database forinstance,  try playing with that setting;  it may jump start Clipper into choosing the right database.  Another option might be for whoever will be using the computer most to use the installed app,  and the other to use the browser version via Evernote.com.  When you know a  little bit more about this problem,  I'd also suggest raising a bug report - you won't necessarily get any feedback,  but it may help the developers find and fix anything that is causing this.

I don't use IE either, but I don't think the problem is with the browser. The webclipper has it's own sign-in, and I think what is happening is that your wife is signing into her EN account, but the webclipper is still signed into yours. Hence, when a page is clipped, it ends up in your EN Account.

If you click the CLIPPER icon, a menu box will open. Normally you would click the green SAVE button, perhaps after selecting "Article", "Full Page" or one of the other options, and maybe you would select where to save it form the "Organise" section just below those choices.

Instead of doing that, look at the bottom of the box for "Options". If she clicks on options, she will see a box headed "Evernote Webclipper". The next line down has the version number eg Version:6.1,  and the next line says:

"Signed in as:"

She will then see your account name rather than hers. All she has to do is to SIGNOUT of your account, and sign in with her own EN details. The bottom half of the box allows the default options to be changed.

Have a go at that.

(I'm assuming you're using windows as you don't mention. I have no idea if there is a clipper for Mac, and if there is, how it differs from the Windows clipper, but the solution for Mac, if it exists, would be similar)

Thank you for the replies. This gets more bizarre. Sometimes it clips into the right account, other times it does not. Sometimes it does not clip into anything, even though it says it is clipping. I have tried downloading the entire Evernote desktop program again (clipper included). We're using Windows 7, and IE 11. There are no options for selecting a different account in the Clipper. There are options to start in a particular notebook, but the choices never include notebooks from both accounts. It's either hers or mine. But the good news is I think I found a solution. Using the Chrome browser seems to force it to work properly, at least the last few times she used it.

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 AM

"If you click the CLIPPER icon, a menu box will open. Normally you would click the green SAVE button, perhaps after selecting "Article", "Full Page" or one of the other options, and maybe you would select where to save it form the "Organise" section just below those choices.

Instead of doing that, look at the bottom of the box for "Options". If she clicks on options, she will see a box headed "Evernote Webclipper". The next line down has the version number eg Version:6.1,  and the next line says:

"Signed in as:"

There is no "Signed in as" available for us. We are running V 5.8.13.8152. That is what downloads with Evernote desktop for Windows. Once again, I appreciate the replies. Thank you.

Ed

Archived