Images pasted from clipboard are very big

723 × 1032 of a simple product photo produced a 1MB note. PNG most probably.

See:

Untitled note

I know you make money on space shortage but this is highly ineffective format for lossy graphics which is the usual thing juggled around in notes. Hell, I doubt a mere half of your customers know what a PNG is.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, rimboma said:

I have visited the thread again because I've just noticed the screenshot capture feature (Clipper) also uses PNG.

Same on the Mac.  That's also the format used by the built-in Mac screen clipper.

Regarding your original image - was that a clipped image or from somewhere else.
Its my understanding that Evernote does not do any conversion on attachments - if it started as a 1MB png - it stays that way; if it was jpg it is not converted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.02.2016 at 4:13 PM, DTLow said:

Same on the Mac.  That's also the format used by the built-in Mac screen clipper.

Regarding your original image - was that a clipped image or from somewhere else.
Its my understanding that Evernote does not do any conversion on attachments - if it started as a 1MB png - it stays that way; if it was jpg it is not converted.

The note has been created using the Web Clipper for Firefox. It has a pink caption because I saved the image from the note, modified it by adding the caption and replacing the original image with the modified one. I double checked though that this does not affect my report in any signifficant manner.

Archived