Line Break Added with Commas

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S6, and all of the sudden Evernote now inserts a new line when I use commas for lists. When I try to delete the line break, it looks fine in the edit window, but it looks like this after I save changes:

Food: raw local honey, onion, Mexican hot cocoa, OJ

, fruit, salad, breakfast foods

General: dress socks, index cards, collar stays, long ethernet cable, shower gel, magnets

, tissues

Is this a known issue? It looks like this on the phone and on my computer, but it only happens when I edit a note on my phone.

Also, on the computer version, I can't delete the line break. When I put the cursor before the comma at the beginning of a line and press backspace — for example before ", fruit" — the J in OJ is deleted, but it's still in two separate lines. The only fix is to manually type everything again.

On my phone, it looks like this in the preview window since the screen is smaller than my computer screen:

Food: raw local honey, onion, Mexican hot
cocoa, OJ

, fruit, salad, breakfast foods

General: dress socks, index cards, collar stays,
long ethernet cable, shower gel, magnets

, tissues

And it looks like this in the edit window after trying to fix the line break in the Food part on the computer:

Food: raw local honey, onion, Mexican hot
cocoa, OJ, fruit, salad, breakfast foods

General: dress socks, index cards, collar
stays, long ethernet cable, shower gel,
magnets

, tissues

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like it could be the screen wrap process deciding that a line split 'obviously' should happen at a convenient comma,  but why that should translate to the note I have no idea.  I'd suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in a future release...

submit a bug/ lost data report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived