Minimize Windows 10 Display

The desktop version of Evernote worked perfectly for me under Win 8.1. However, Windows 10 presents a full screen display in most applications, making it impossible to see the Evernote or Clipper control.  The minimize buttons on the Windows 10 display do not function and I have to close the Win application to see them. Is the malfunction of the minimize or resize just an aberration in Win 10 generally or is it limited to my system? I hate feeling stupid, but maybe I am!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Win 10 seems to have introduced a whole new category of gremlins into the mix - there are several threads on different issues.  Evernote seem to be (gradually) getting to grips with things - if you keep your Evernote client up to date,  hopefully the situation will get easier.  However if it's actively stopping you using the app I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

• Level 5*

The desktop version of Evernote worked perfectly for me under Win 8.1. However, Windows 10 presents a full screen display in most applications, making it impossible to see the Evernote or Clipper control.  The minimize buttons on the Windows 10 display do not function and I have to close the Win application to see them. Is the malfunction of the minimize or resize just an aberration in Win 10 generally or is it limited to my system? I hate feeling stupid, but maybe I am!

It's a Windows 10 thing. You have to swipe in from the right, or click on the action center button (the speech balloon) in the system tray on the right side of the taskbar (right corner), and deactivate TABLET MODE.

The ability to easily switch between tablet mode and desktop mode is a very positive thing, but it requires that you have learned how to switch..

In tablet mode, the minimize button shouldn't be there in the first place, but it's there for all desktop/win32 applications for now even though it's not working. What you can do in tablet mode (and in desktop mode) is to snap windows side by side. With touch you just drag your finger from the top and down a bit and then to the left/right. If you drag it all the way down you close the app. In Windows 8 you could do only do the latter with "metro" apps.

Archived