Import/export of labels to another account

Is there any way to export a tree of labels to another account?

I need it to set up a GTD system that would be connected with my wife's account.

I tried to create a note in a shared notebook that I assigned the whole tree of labels (all of them) to. But I got a bad result: only 20+ labels were assigned to that note in my wife's account while 50+ labels I saw in that note from my account.

• Level 5*

Since it is 50 tags you could try creating a note per tree and sharing those.  Then see if you can reconstruct the tag hierarchy using drag/drop in the tag area of the left panel.  But I think the tag tree structure will get lost in your wife's account if it is a shared note.  Not sure though.

• Level 5*

Sharing tags does seem to get messy for one or both parties.  How about making a Table of Contents page for the main categories,  and if you have sub-categories,  do them as TOC's too - a hierarchy structure like a web page.  Copy and paste entries from one page to the next as the priorities and deadlines change,  and use Evernote notes outside this structure to hold more details if necessary.  Something like that would require a separate Stack of notebooks,  and you'd have to share them individually and get your partner to put the stack together on her own device.   FWIW.

I don't know of a way in Windows to export/import a tag structure, but, just in case you have access to a Mac, it can be done using AppleScript with the EN Mac app.

Good luck.

I've installed Evernote on Mac right now. How can I do that with a help of AppleScript?

• Level 5*

This script file (attached) should get you started.  It will export all of your tags.

EN Export Tags with Option for Note Count.scpt.zip

Then you will need to write a script which reads this file and creates the tags in the other account.

The key, and the challenge, is that you must create each Parent tag before you create the Child tag for it.

So you will need to manually reorder the rows in this file to put the Parent tags first, in the proper order, before you use it to import the tags.

If you are new to AppleScript, then you may find this helpful:

How to Install AppleScripts or JXA Scripts 

If you have any questions about AppleScript, the best place to post them is MacScripter.net.

I've installed Evernote on Mac right now. How can I do that with a help of AppleScript?

This script file (attached) should get you started.  It will export all of your tags.

attachicon.gifEN Export Tags with Option for Note Count.scpt.zip

Then you will need to write a script which reads this file and creates the tags in the other account.

The key, and the challenge, is that you must create each Parent tag before you create the Child tag for it.

So you will need to manually reorder the rows in this file to put the Parent tags first, in the proper order, before you use it to import the tags.

If you are new to AppleScript, then you may find this helpful:

How to Install AppleScripts or JXA Scripts

If you have any questions about AppleScript, the best place to post them is MacScripter.net.

Ok, ty, I'll try!

Archived