Web Clipper for Chrome does not allow me to clip any pages. Can't get past backup code verifiaction

RJSCPA

I do not have Evernote premium so when I try to clip a web page it first asks me for my password, then it asks for verification. Since I do not have the premium account I choose the Backup code verification, but all that does is it takes me to my Evernote homepage. Any suggestions?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Clipper should only ask you for the login details of your account once (AFAIK) when it is newly installed.  You'll have a user name and password,  which will be the same whatever level of account you have.  I've no idea what you're referring to as 'backup code verification' unless you have two-step security set up on your account.  If you jump to your account when that is supplied,  you seem to be going through the login process for your online account rather than using Clipper.  Confused.  Can you supply any screen shots to give a bit more background on this?

Thanks so much for helping. Here is a link for what I see after I click on the icon for the web clipper in Chrome and after it asked me to log in. 

http://www.evernote.com/l/AApGKq8wo1pCILh0fffCd2tk8H6dTqiee4Q/

Then I would click on the link for Help with two-step Verification and it takes me to the second page below. I hope this helps. 

Help with two-step verification
Get a verification code on your phone +X XXX-XXX-7016
Get a verification code on your phone +X XXX-XXX-0032
If you are unable to access +X XXX-XXX-7016, we can send a verification code to your backup phone number.
Use a backup code
If you are unable to receive a verification code, you can log in using a backup code. These are the sixteen-digit codes that you printed or saved during setup.

Thanks again. I forgot to tell you previously that I do not receive an Evernote 6 digit code in Google authenticator when I check my cellphone for it. That is why I had to try the backup verification method which doesn't work either. 

Thanks again. I forgot to tell you previously that I do not receive an Evernote 6 digit code in Google authenticator when I check my cellphone for it. That is why I had to try the backup verification method which doesn't work either. 

Hi RJSCPA,

Thank you for posting. Please submit a support ticket to us and we will further look into this. Click here to submit a ticket.

Archived