GPS'd trail notes with photo possible?

I'm in charge of 120 miles of trails in North Central Washington and am searching for an app that allows me to record notes associated with a snapshot and keeps these GPS tagged. I need to be able to take notes from other trail users and incorporate them into this data base and ideally I would be able to organize these notes based on these GPS tags. How accurate could I get with the GPS tags?

Does this tool exist in Evernote? Another app? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jon

Trails Manager

Methow Trails

Since my location service is always on, all my notes are tagged with the location info. It stores the full GPS coordinates, so the accuracy is determined by your GPS and other location info.

The atlas visualizes all my notes on a clickable map, great to pre-filter my notes when not enough tags were provided...

Besides the Atlas, you can also query as follows:

latitude:[double] - matches notes with a latitude that is greater than or equal to the argument. E.g.:

• latitude:37 -latitude:38
    • Matches notes with a latitude that is greater than or equal to 37, but do not have a latitude greater than or equal to 38. (I.e. 37 <= latitude < 38)

longitude:[double] - matches notes with a longitude that is greater than or equal to the argument.

altitude:[double] - matches notes with an altitude that is greater than or equal to the argument.

see https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

Eric

Archived