How to disable webclipperservice on android

• Level 5*

Hi.  No disable AFAIK - it's part of the main app,  and there are no preferences in Settings to allow/ disallow access.  But where are you getting the usage data from?  I'd be very surprised if any app needed 40-50MB to run in background...

Hi, thank you for your reply, To see usage just go to settings > apps > running, evernote is using 67MB just right now. From now, I will just go here and kill the app manually. I think there is also a possibility in android developer setting to automatically kill background services and activities.   

cheers,

• Level 5*

Hi.  Found the entry,  thanks. Didn't even know that option existed!  For me it's in Application Manager - swipe right to see apps on SD card,  then apps running...

I had trouble finding Evernote though.  I use the Widget a lot to open up the service,  and close the app down when I finish.  With Evernote running in the background,  where clips are still possible and I can jump straight to quick notes and pics from the Widget,  Evernote has zero footprint.  There's no memory usage recorded.  As soon as I open the app,  that jumps to 70MB,  and goes away again immediately once the app is closed.  Doesn't seem like an issue in Android 5.1.1

Archived