Text line width not responding to window width

[Answered] The window  where I type notes on evernote for mac (6.2) is not responding to window width. When I narrow the window, the text continues outside the viewable area. How do I fix that? It didn't use to do that.
  • Level 5*

The window  where I type notes on evernote for mac (6.2) is not responding to window width. When I narrow the window, the text continues outside the viewable area. How do I fix that? It didn't use to do that.

If you pasted text into EN Mac from some other source, it can cause this.

Try Simplify Formatting (CMD+SHIFT+F).  I find this often cures a lot of problems with text from other sources.

• Level 5*

Meg,

Glad it worked for you.

Only the Evernote employees can select a post as the best answer, but you can edit your original post (OP), and change the title to start with "[Answered]" or "[solved]", whichever you prefer.

That worked! The Simplify Formatting that jMichael suggested worked! Thanks so much. How do we mark questions in the forum as "answered"?

• 1 year later...

I just had this problem with a new Note on macOS 10.12.3 (Version 6.10 (454267 Direct)) and while the  Simplify Formatting (CMD+SHIFT+F) did work with some manual reformatting of line breaks it surprised me that it did not auto size the window to the text (lots of room on the right) and that I couldn't resize manually by dragging the edge.  This does sound like a bug on the Mac.

• 1 year later...
On 6/12/2015 at 1:45 AM, JMichaelTX said:

If you pasted text into EN Mac from some other source, it can cause this.

Try Simplify Formatting (CMD+SHIFT+F).  I find this often cures a lot of problems with text from other sources.

Worked for mee to.

Archived