Evernote Business Documentation/Questions

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at signing up for Evernote Business for our small company.  

Along with having 5-6 managers who would need to have traditional Evernote accounts so they can create and share notes we also have 15-20 employees (call center agents) who's only access to Evernote would be so they can search through notes and read some of the informational notes that we plan to create for them. A very basic knowledge base.  With that in mind I'm curious how the security and permissions of user accounts would work in Evernote Business and how I can setup a structure so that those call center agents would only get access to certain notes and have the proper "read only" access to those specific notes.  I'm curious if there are any Evernote training videos/articles/documents that I can look through to make sure it can work the way I envision it working before signing up for a business account.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Kevin

• Level 5*

To start out, here's a list of documentation articles pertaining to Evernote Business.  Also, in the Evernote Help site (which is where you'll find yourself when you follow that link), you can search for more specific things like "business sharing".

While you can do sharing for individual notes, IMO in general sharing is easiest to manage and understand at the notebook level.  What I would probably do, given the limited info above, is create a Knowledge Base notebook; give the call center agents read-only access to that notebook, and give the folks who are responsible for creating/maintaining the content full read/write access to the notebook.

Aside from the Knowledge Base notebook (and of course you could have multiple knowledge base notebooks if that made sense, each with the same permission scheme as described above), your 5-6 managers will also undoubtedly have other shared Business notebooks; most likely you would not give any access to these notebooks to the call center staff, which means the staff would not even know that these notebooks existed.

Does this make sense?  Reply back if you have any follow-up questions.

Archived