"Related Results" are disabled but still show up

elusis

I have "show related results" unchecked in Web Clipper for Chrome, but I still get them when I clip a page, even after restarting the browser.

Also, when did Clipper stop saving the address of the page it clipped from?  I've been using it for a long time to save research for my writing, and I've recently noticed there is no web address in the header bar when I look at my notes.  This will make sourcing.... problematic, to say the least.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Try a different browser to see whether this behaviour continues - it could be a new build of Chrome is causing an issue,  or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the browser will resolve it.  You should certainly still see the clip source URL.  I'd also suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

• Level 5*

Also, when did Clipper stop saving the address of the page it clipped from? 

You don't say which platform (Mac/PC) you're running, but I believe the failure to show the Source URL is a EN Mac bug, starting with Ver 6.1, not a Chrome Clipper bug.  You should see the URL in EN Mac by just resizing the main window.  Then it will appear in the Note header area when the Note contents does NOT have the focus.  You can also check for the URL by opening the Note Info panel.

Since Evernote is moving to a common Editor on all platforms, this bug may also exist in the latest ver of EN Win, but I'm not sure.

Hi.  Try a different browser to see whether this behaviour continues - it could be a new build of Chrome is causing an issue,  or maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the browser will resolve it.  You should certainly still see the clip source URL.  I'd also suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

I don't have the "related links still show even when turned off" problem in Firefox, so its eems clear it's Chrome.  I'll open a support ticket if it's not a known issue.

Also, when did Clipper stop saving the address of the page it clipped from? 

You don't say which platform (Mac/PC) you're running, but I believe the failure to show the Source URL is a EN Mac bug, starting with Ver 6.1, not a Chrome Clipper bug.  You should see the URL in EN Mac by just resizing the main window.  Then it will appear in the Note header area when the Note contents does NOT have the focus.  You can also check for the URL by opening the Note Info panel.

Since Evernote is moving to a common Editor on all platforms, this bug may also exist in the latest ver of EN Win, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for clarifying that this is a Mac issue.  I tried re-sizing windows but still don't see the URL - I'll try to attach a screen shot.  I do see it in the note's info which is annoying but at least has the data preserved.

post-82026-0-80179000-1448841208_thumb.j

• Level 5*

Thanks for clarifying that this is a Mac issue.  I tried re-sizing windows but still don't see the URL -

I suggest that you submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

There are 2 separate settings for Related results. 

1) Related results - show related results when you search the web = this controls the widget on Google search pages.

2) After clip - 3 options on how the dialog displays. Pick the one without Related results. 

URL is always saved as note data. Different Evernote clients show the URL in different places. 

Hope that helps. 

Archived