(Archived) make/add snapshot into an open Note

evermullah

Idea

Hi all,

i miss a feature:

i want to make a short documentation with some screenshots and some text into a note.

so i create a new note and write some introducing text.

now, i make a screenshot with the EN-screenshot-tool (nice feature anyway!) but this tool opens every screenshot into a single new note.

so i have to move all those single screenshots by hand into the note i have arranged.

a lot of useless work imho.

so i'd like to see an additional menu-entry something like: "make a screenshot and add/append it to the already opened note"

or is there any way to archieve what i want without a lot clicks and copy/paste ?

cheers,

5 replies to this idea

IME, the clicking order is the order they are added. IE, first note clicked is the one the merged notes will be merged into. 2nd clicked note will appear next, 3rd clicked note will appear next, etc. Sometimes the title of the first note is retained & sometimes it's not. I've not spent time figuring out if there's a rhyme or reason regarding the title thingie. I just end up redoing it if it ends up as "Author: BurgersNFries."

Sometimes the title of the first note is retained & sometimes it's not.

yeah, confirmed. sometimes strange, not comprehensible things happen (while using en) :-)

so i like the idea, that ONE BUTTON does the job for me, which is mostly messed up (nah, not mostly, but it seems to me, because it only happens, when its important and i don't have time...) while doing several steps manually.

cheers,

IME, the clicking order is the order they are added. IE, first note clicked is the one the merged notes will be merged into. 2nd clicked note will appear next, 3rd clicked note will appear next, etc. Sometimes the title of the first note is retained & sometimes it's not. I've not spent time figuring out if there's a rhyme or reason regarding the title thingie. I just end up redoing it if it ends up as "Author: BurgersNFries."

Just to not let this thread die, *and* mention an annoying difference between MAC and WINDOWS versions:

On Mac, the order while mergin is the sorting order.

On Windows, the order is .... i never understood... but its *not* the intuitive order which the user "sees".

Archived