Better Automatic Titles

KevsThoughts

Idea

Currently the choice is either "Untitled Note" or "Note@location".

It would be far more useful if the title was automatically set to be the same as the first line of the note as it can be in the desktop version.

That would save us having to remember to copy and paste the first line of the note into the title field in order to avoid an unhelpful title. For consistency across platforms this should be implemented.

5 replies to this idea

Thanks for replying, however, your response is NOT correct.

As I started above, in my comments for the problem, the options (App on Android) are:-

1. "Note@location" (auto titling = ON)

Or

2. "Untitled Note" (auto titling = OFF).

This is NOT the same as on the desktop version whereby the first line becomes the title. That is the same result that I want on the app for the first line to be automatically copied to be the title. This would also give a consistent behaviour for both the desktop and the Android app (and should also apply to the IOS app).

Hmm, despite the encouraging comment from November 2015, this issue remains, a year later, and on the latest version (7.9.8). Been putting up with this for years, despite upgrading to premium.

Come on, folks, we just want it to work like the desktop version. This would seem very easy to implement, and with another settings checkbox if you don't want to change the default behavior.

Please? Big fan of EN otherwise. :-)

• Level 5
On 12/23/2016 at 2:20 PM, carehart said:

Hmm, despite the encouraging comment from November 2015, this issue remains, a year later, and on the latest version (7.9.8). Been putting up with this for years, despite upgrading to premium.

Come on, folks, we just want it to work like the desktop version. This would seem very easy to implement, and with another settings checkbox if you don't want to change the default behavior.

Please? Big fan of EN otherwise. :-)

There is (at least) one other thread on this:

I just went there and voted it up. It has 15 replies, but only 4 votes so far! The more votes the better.

Archived