(Archived) Evernote plugin for Safari won't install

mikael.lindberg

Idea

Hello,

I have just migrated to a new computer but I can't get the Evernote clipping plugin for Safari to install. I'm on Snow Leopard / Safari 4.0.4, but even though the checkbox for Safari clipper plugin is checked, the plugin won't show up in Safari. There's no icon, no right click options for selections and if I look at the screen for installed plugins, it's not there.

My previous computer used the same software, but it was an upgrade from Leopard while this one is a clean Snow Leopard install.

Cheers,

Mike

5 replies to this idea

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling Safari, reinstalling Evernote. Doesn't change anything. A couple of questions:

- Where should the plugin end up (the actual file(s))? I want to check that they're there.

- If I de-select the checkbox of the Safari plugin, will it try to remove it or just deactivate it?

/Mike

I believe I accidentally came across the reason for my previous failures while trying to figure out another problem. This messages are from my console log:

2010-02-26 19:10:32 Evernote[284] error copying plugin: Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 UserInfo=0x539fe0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory"

2010-02-26 19:10:32 Evernote[284] destination: '/Users/lindberg/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/EvernoteSafariClipperPlugin.webplugin'

Archived