(Archived) iPhoto auto imports

skwidspawn

Idea

I'm having an odd little issue, and I've not been able to find any support information about it anywhere.

After I import web clippings (using Web Clipper 3.0.0.71760 with Firefox 3.6 and OS X 10.6.2) when I open iPhoto all the images in these web clippings get automatically imported into iPhoto. I'd love the ability to turn this off, or fix whatever might be causing this issue.

Thanks.

2 replies to this idea

I'm pretty sure that we're not doing anything intentional that would cause this. Do you have iPhoto configured to scan your hard drive for new images? All of your Evernote image files go into a data folder in your home directory, buried deep within:

Library / Application Support / Evernote / data

So if your iPhoto was configured to scan your entire home directory for new images, it would probably pick those up. You could try configuring iPhoto so that is more selective in searching for images, to avoid this directory.

It's definitely a weird bug. It only happens occasionally, and I suspect only when I have my iPhone plugged in. I don't see an option in iPhoto to scan for photos, but I flipped some of the more ambiguous options to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the response, I'll try and figure out what's going on here.

Archived