CALL TO ACTION - Experiencing slow load times on Web? Let us know!

nanphan

Idea

Hello everyone!

We've heard from some of you about slow load times, but are not always able to reproduce the issue on our side.  We suspect that it may vary on the content of your note and have some ideas of what may be causing it. That being said, we want to make sure that it's not something else. We would love more information from those of you with the issue.  

Here's the info that we need if you are experience slow load times in the Web Client: 

• What OS are you on?  ie. OSX 10.10.5
  • What browser are you on? - ie. Chrome 46.0.2490.80 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - aka the first note in your note list that autoloads when you login ie.  31MB note.  To get this go to your note > Click on the "i" info icon > Note Size
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - ie.  Text only vs Large PDFs vs Large PNG images vs 10 large attachments etc
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic?
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? ie. 10 secs?
  • How many total notes do you have?- ie.  200 notes. You can see this at the top of your All Notes view
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?  
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? 
  • Do you experience this on other sites? 

Thank you in advance for you help!

Nancy 

16 replies to this idea

Horribly slow for me, always (both the stable, and beta versions)

• What OS are you on? Windows 10
  • What browser are you on? - Chrome 50
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? -976 bytes (rather tiny)
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - One short paragraph of plain text, followed by three links (URLs)
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Constantly  
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? ie. ~15 seconds
  • How many total notes do you have?- 2415
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?  No
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Lenovo ThinkCentre M900
  • Do you experience this on other sites? No
  • What OS are you on? Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 x64
  • What browser are you on? - Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)   IE 11 Seems to work fine on this same system. 
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - 853 bytes
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - Text only
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Seems to happen all the time on this system
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI?  close to a minute
  • How many total notes do you have?- 97
  • What is the make & model of computer you have?  Dell Precision M6800
  • Do you experience this on other sites? I only seem to have problems with Evernote web on this computer and specifically only in Chrome. Any other site seems to work fine on this computer/browser. 

• What OS are you on?  Windows 7 64-bit
  • What browser are you on? Opera 46.0.2597.57
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? Didn't get it to load.
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? Most of my notes are text
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Sporatic, either it loads within 10 seconds or not at all...
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? Never of late --although I was able to log in quickly to reply to this thread.
  • How many total notes do you have? ~450
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? PC (XFX Nforce 750a motherboard).
  • Do you experience this on other sites? No
  • What OS are you on?  Windows 10
  • What browser are you on? Version 59.0.3071.115 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? Didn't get it to load.
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? Most of my notes are text
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Every single time I try to load Evernote on the web, it happens. I have had the issue for about 3 months now. Most of the time, I just run out of patience and haven't been using Evernote.
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? Never of late
  • How many total notes do you have? ~250
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Samsung Book 6
  • What OS are you on?  Windows 10
  • What browser are you on? Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? varies, the last time it was 18 MB
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? usually text only, sometimes JPEG pictures
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Every single time I try to load Evernote, it happens. I have had the issue for about 3 days now. Most of the time it does not ever load, but when I hit reload a few times, at a random time, it just reloads instantly.
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? 20 seconds to never
  • How many total notes do you have? 322 (I love using Evernote, haha)
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?  currently not
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Asus UX303UB
  • Do you experience this on other sites? no, only Evernote
  • What OS are you on?  Windows 7
  • What browser are you on? - Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 - same problem w/Firefox
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - size did not display but its small, about 25 lines of text only and the same is true for many diferent notes
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - text only, about 25 lines
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic?  all the time when first going to www.evernote.com
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? 3-5 min
  • How many total notes do you have?- 25
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?  no
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Dell Inspiron
  • Do you experience this on other sites? no.  it started a few wks/months ago about the time you put the 2 devices per free accnt in place and I switched to using the browser from my laptop.  
  • What OS are you on?   Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS "Trusty"
  • What browser are you on? - Chrome 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - 396 kilobytes
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - single PDF attachment
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? All the time AT LOGIN
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? 15-20 seconds - painful! FIX!
  • How many total notes do you have?- 983 notes
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?   No 
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Lenovo T520
  • Do you experience this on other sites? Never. I'm on 100/100 residential fiber and use a UniFi AC Pro wireless access point.
  • What OS are you on?  OS 10.9.5
  • What browser are you on? - Chrome  Version 52.0.2743.82 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - 372K
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? -  text
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Sporadic. 
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI?    I give up after 3 minutes, close browser window, open another one, log in and see if I can can enter maybe 3 words of text before it freezes.
  • How many total notes do you have?- less than 10
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering? No.
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
  • Do you experience this on other sites? No.

Stopped by to provide some feedback on Evernote Web Beta performance.

Good news from my perspective. It's definitely been improving since the last time I posted a complaint about this. Load times and usability are getting better. Thank you for working on this particular problem!

• What OS are you on?  Linux Mint 17.3
  • What browser are you on? - Firefox 47
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - 1BM to 5MB.
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - Text and images.
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic? Sporadic. Improvements have been felt over the last few months.
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? Around 15 seconds.
  • How many total notes do you have?- Just over 9600 notes.
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering? No.
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Asus laptop, 4 cores CPU, 6GB RAM.
  • Do you experience this on other sites? No.

I am not sure when it began, but the latest days I have seen sometimes very slow loading on the web (Windows 10, Chrome - both updated, of course) and slow header update on Android (ver 5.1.1, Evernote updated). 

I have no big notes, so that is not the problem, but I have many notes (10 000).

I use the free version of Evernote (so far).

I do not experience any remarkable slowness on other sites.

PS: And now it was very fast on my Android. Perhaps this was a database format update that I saw when it was slow?

PS 2: And the problems I saw on the web might have been temporary problems, perhaps?

• What OS are you on?  Ubuntu 15.10
  • What browser are you on? Chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? 974 bytes
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI? Problem is not interactins; but searching, either by typing words into the search, or clicking on a notebook or a tag; very, very slow, sometimes over 10 minutes
  • How many total notes do you have? 1,370
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? Lenovo X230T
  • Do you experience this on other sites? No, not at all

Thanks for looking out for us, zdanevich.  You read our minds.  As a part of this effort we are looking at multiple ways for us to reduce our launch time.  You'll see some minor improvements in this area in tonight's release. 

I think that Evernote Web Beta have potential to lose weight and load & work much faster :(

For example, why you not compress & minify js? And so many script files - maybe will be better to combine this 63 (!!!) js-files into few?..

My 2 cents. It's not particularly quick. From login (username/ww set by browser) to show of page some 26 sec's.

• What OS are you on? Ubuntu 14.04.3
  • What browser are you on? - ie. FF 42.0
  • What is the size of the first note that loads when you login? - 551kB
  • What type of content is in the first note that loads when you login? - some text+1 pdf
  • Does slow loading happen all the time? Or is it sporatic?  No, this is usual, can be longer
  • How long did it take to load before you could interact with the UI?  some 26 sec's
  • How many total notes do you have?- 3644
  • Are you a customer of our Evernote Business offering?  No
  • What is the make & model of computer you have? AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.9GHz Quadcore, 8GB RAM, Internet : fiber 50Gb

See further output from firefox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2q2vza5coyv31t/Evernote_2015_12_08_54.json?dl=0

Huge delays and lag times! Please fix this asap!!! currently unable to use the system - couldn't update important notes for morning meetings - not a good way to start a Monday in the business world!!!

Is this still occurring? As mentioned above, feedback without any information is hard for us to address because we are not always able to reproduce it on our side.  If you are still experiencing this can you give us more details?

Nancy  

I think that Evernote Web Beta have potential to lose weight and load & work much faster :(

For example, why you not compress & minify js? And so many script files - maybe will be better to combine this 63 (!!!) js-files into few?..

27b656590503403da1123e700099e8ca.png

Archived