Chance a license?

I downloaded Evernote under a family Apple account, and later we decided it was better to have separate accounts, so I moved. Much later, I bought a Plus account. I recently found, though, that I can't receive the latest update, because the ownership of the account is on my wife's account. 

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

Michael

• Level 5*

Hi.  That's more an Apple question than an Evernote one I think..  the problem being that you paid Apple not Evernote direct, which may complicate any messing around with cash.  You could get a new free account set up from Evernote.com and using the Plus account ID raise a support request to transfer the remaining credit from there to your new account (which by default will be the latest version of Evernote).  If you post your ticket number here we can ask an Admin to look into it for you.  No guarantees that there actually is a solution,  but we'll help of we can...

• Level 5*

I downloaded Evernote under a family Apple account, and later we decided it was better to have separate accounts, so I moved. Much later, I bought a Plus account. I recently found, though, that I can't receive the latest update, because the ownership of the account is on my wife's account. 

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

Michael

I think if you switch the Plus account from the App Store version to the Direct Download version, you should be fine.  Then the updates come directly from Evernote.

The simple way to switch is to just move the current Evernote.app to the Mac Trash (and empty), then download/install the Direct D/L ver from Evernote.com.  When you log in, use the same account credentials (email, PW) you have been using with the Plus account.  To be safe, first backup your current Evernote folder, and export  all Local Notebooks you may have to ENEX.

Good luck, and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Archived