Web Client Release Notes 11/18/2015 - Bug Fixes + Known Issues on Chrome (Canary builds)

nanphan

Idea

Hello, 

We're working on some larger projects in the next couple of weeks, so please expect the next set of releases to be bug fixes.  In last night's release: 

• Bug Fixes
    • Issues with scrollbars showing up while editing in Internet Explorer
    • + additional minor fixes
  • Known Issues
    • Unable to see notes list in Google Chrome Browsers v48.0.2560+ Dev & Canary Builds
      • ​For those using early pre-release version of the Google Chrome browser, please be aware that you may not see your note list in either All Notes or Notebook views.  Refreshing and clearing the cache will not resolve the issue.  This issue should not occur on other browsers.  We will address this issue in a future release.  Please use a supported version of Chrome or another browser as a workaround for now. 

Please continue to report any major bugs if you find any. 

Nancy

11 replies to this idea

Hi All,

About Tables : When I make a table in the old webclient I can give rows and columns as much as I like, in the new client however the size of a table can only be 6x6 (see attachment) cells big. The interface is good but the maximum tablesize is limiting, are there any plans to expand the functionality as far as tables are concerned?

Greetings Pieter

post-243230-0-37181800-1448006215_thumb.

• Level 5*

Nancy - just went back and looked at the beta again. No doubt that you are making improvements but from my own personal point of view the UI is still hiding useful information from me. I can't see my notebooks all the time, I can only see 5 notes at a time in the note list. I'm afraid that I don't understand the rationale behind this kind of design decision.

Most of us use Evernote to collect, manage and view data. The new web app makes it much harder to manage and view our stuff. I really can't see how this is an improvement.

Thank you everyone for the feedback.  All the things that folks mentioned are on our radar and are actively being worked on.  As mentioned in our previous blog articles (https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/09/29/a-note-from-chris-oneill/), we'll be focusing on improving on our core Evernote functionality. Unfortunately, it will take a little bit of time.  Thank you for your patience. We'll continue to try to make incremental improvements anywhere we can in the mean time. 

Nancy 

Hi!

On 18.11.2015 at 6:43 PM, nanphan said:

Known Issues

• Unable to see notes list in Google Chrome Browsers v48.0.2560+ Dev & Canary Builds
    • For those using early pre-release version of the Google Chrome browser, please be aware that you may not see your note list in either All Notes or Notebook views.  Refreshing and clearing the cache will not resolve the issue.  This issue should not occur on other browsers.  We will address this issue in a future release.  Please use a supported version of Chrome or another browser as a workaround for now. 

Anything new about this one?

Bye
Marcus

Hi!

On 19.11.2015 at 6:43 PM, nanphan said:

Known Issues

• For those using early pre-release version of the Google Chrome browser, please be aware that you may not see your note list in either All Notes or Notebook views.  Refreshing and clearing the cache will not resolve the issue.  This issue should not occur on other browsers.  We will address this issue in a future release.  Please use a supported version of Chrome or another browser as a workaround for now. 

I still have this problem in Google Chrome Version 51.0.2704.63 (64-bit).

Is there any news?

Your bring the new feature of using Google Drive to Chrome, the new editor... but this is no use without seeing the list of my notes! :(

Bye
Tiggr

Hello!

What's about the bug in Chrome? It's now 9 month old. Others get a child in that time, you doesn't fix a bug!

First you took away the old web interface, what was my only way to work under linux. The web interface is now buggy for a long time. That's why I decided to stop being premium. I would go premium again, when the web interface works well again for me in favorite browser!

But instead to make your customer happy again, you ignored all complains of me and others!

No, you limit my access to two devices. That doesn't makes me happy again!

No web interface under chrome, no client on my desktop (because of apps an tablet and phone). 

The things you do are telling me only one thing: Your customer isn't important to you! It doesn't matter to you, if your customer is a happy one.

Bye
Marcus (aka Tiggr)

Hi Tiggr! Glad to hear that there's a fix. There were some underlying issues we needed to fix, and this wasn't at the top of our priority list as we've been focusing on other feature work. We'll work to respond faster to bugs like this in the future.

Archived