Scanable Saving documents out of order

FoxStar

Idea

Hello, love the Scanable app, it's been a great help with backing up my paperwork!

One small issue, though. Ever since the update that sped up the saving of documeever to the camera roll, Scanable never puts the documents in the order they were scanned inside the app. Also, the documents saved to the album that is generated by Scanable will be in a different order than the documents saved in the camera roll. Pictures to show what I'm taking about.

Please fix this, as the newest feature to reorder the order of documents is useless to me as the app isn't even saving the current order.

So, at the time if writing this post, I didn't have any documents to show examples, so I used my fingers lol.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s34/sh/6e0f6261-17f1-4510-9064-1d1e35a4317e/7aa73f0a294fba3e991964e212a52459

5 replies to this idea

Thanks for the feedback and super clear explanation of what you're seeing...

I can confirm that Scannable does not alter the timestamps of the images, and that's what iOS uses to sort that list.  In the cases where page order matters to you, I would suggest one of the following if it's possible...

1. Save as a PDF instead of images

2. Save the images to a note in Evernote where we can explicitly set an order independent of timestamp

Both options save the pages in the right order.

I hope this helps!

P.J.

I can confirm that Scannable does not alter the timestamps of the images, and that's what iOS uses to sort that list.  In the cases where page order matters to you, I would suggest one of the following if it's possible...

2. Save the images to a note in Evernote where we can explicitly set an order independent of timestamp

I hope this helps!

P.J.

I'm really sorry, meant to reply sooner, but I got busy and it dropped until now.

The reason I've been saving these documents to the camera roll is I need them for a scanning app I use to send these d documents to my employer.

When I save to Evernote directly from Scanable the documents are in order, but when it's saved to the camera roll it's always out of order.

I just tried again with real paper using the save as PDF option (probably doesn't change how Scanable saves to the camera roll, but I want to be thorough) and it still is out of order.

This, of course, doesn't affect if I can use the documents in the camera roll, it's just really inconvenient. And it just seems that this wasn't an issue before the update that sped up the saving to the camera roll.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s34/sh/e9ce8d50-747b-44f2-9919-cb05fcc1163f/c0866c4b8a9fd585dc331a5c3705f31d

I hope this helps!

P.J.

I'm really sorry, meant to reply sooner, but I got busy and it dropped until now.

The reason I've been saving these documents to the camera roll is I need them for a scanning app I use to send these d documents to my employer.

When I save to Evernote directly from Scanable the documents are in order, but when it's saved to the camera roll it's always out of order.

I just tried again with real paper using the save as PDF option (probably doesn't change how Scanable saves to the camera roll, but I want to be thorough) and it still is out of order.

This, of course, doesn't affect if I can use the documents in the camera roll, it's just really inconvenient. And it just seems that this wasn't an issue before the update that sped up the saving to the camera roll.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s34/sh/e9ce8d50-747b-44f2-9919-cb05fcc1163f/c0866c4b8a9fd585dc331a5c3705f31d

Ahhh... I see.  We did completely change the method we were using to save to the camera roll in that release, so you're likely right that the problem was introduced there. Sorry about that!

P.J.

Archived