FEATURE REQUEST: Add Reminders to List View in Evernote

As a relatively new user to Evernote (somewhat), I just recently discovered the list view to view notes in Evernote and actually prefer it but I noticed that when I switch to that view, the list of reminders disappears. What could possibly be the reason for not offering it in the list view? I would like to see the Reminders list added to this view as well. Thank you.

• Level 5*

Has been requested before, no clue as to whether the feature is being considered.  Workaround of sorts is to create a saved search for your reminders, that will create a list of only notes with reminders.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

You are welcome. and correct, ends up being EN's view of the priorities as to when/if it is there.  I built the saved searches because I prefer to work in the list view with the left panel hidden and don't think EN is going to make a change on this one anytime soon.  A couple of simple date searches, for all open reminders try reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:20100101, for all open dated reminders try -reminderdonetime:20100101 remindertime:20100101.

One search I have in my shortcuts bar is Today, remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1.

• 4 months later...

I wish Evernote would consider this option (Display reminders at top of list view too).  People like me are looking for a consolidated place (like Evernote) to track notes AND organize ToDo and Tasks.  This feature would go part of the way towards making Evernote a viable option for a Task Management System.  That and recurring reminders and allowing separate Due and Reminder dates on tasks!  It would allow 2 major functions (notes/docs & Tasks), currently requiring 2 separate apps, to be done in one centralized location.  I wish Evernote would add the few features that could make this a killer task management app too.  I'd love to know how many Evernote users would like this ability integrated into Evernote...could it sell more premium memberships?? :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Why is that no matter how good an app is there will always be at least one totally bizarre and inexplicable issue with it, that would be so easy to rectify?

Even if the developers believed it's a feature not wanted in general, it should at the very least be an option for those that disagree with that myopic view.

On 11/17/2015 at 0:33 AM, csihilling said:

A couple of simple date searches, for all open reminders try reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:20100101, for all open dated reminders try -reminderdonetime:20100101 remindertime:20100101.

One search I have in my shortcuts bar is Today, remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1.

Would it be possible to explain how this search is done? I copied some of what you stated and searched but came up with no results everytime and I am clearly missing a step but not sure what?

I have many reminders but open and and past.

• Level 5*

EN fixed the day value function since the above.  

For all open dated reminders try an all notes AND search for  remindertime:* -reminderdonetime:*.   This means all notes with a reminder date and no complete date.  

For today's reminders try remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1 -reminderdonetime:*.  Also a remindertime:day search will yield all notes with reminder dates today forward.  And make sure you have the right notebook context or all notes   

You can also go to the KB and see search rules.  

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2016 at 0:19 PM, Jason Gerrish said:

I wish Evernote would consider this option (Display reminders at top of list view too).  People like me are looking for a consolidated place (like Evernote) to track notes AND organize ToDo and Tasks.  This feature would go part of the way towards making Evernote a viable option for a Task Management System.  That and recurring reminders and allowing separate Due and Reminder dates on tasks!  It would allow 2 major functions (notes/docs & Tasks), currently requiring 2 separate apps, to be done in one centralized location.  I wish Evernote would add the few features that could make this a killer task management app too.  I'd love to know how many Evernote users would like this ability integrated into Evernote...could it sell more premium memberships?? :-)

I have reminders at the top of some notebooks and no reminders (or option to add new reminders) in other notebooks and the UTTERLY USELESS EVERNOTE CONTACT system has't ever bothered replying.    I am quite close to closing my account because of customers service!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jamesgthackray@me.com said:

I have reminders at the top of some notebooks and no reminders (or option to add new reminders) in other notebooks

If reminders exist for a notebook they will show at the top for snippet and card view.  If there are currently no reminders for a specific notebook (I'm assuming you are viewing a single notebook) then none will show but you can add them any time by adding a reminder to a note in that notebook.  If you use list view you can now add ReminderTime or Reminder to one of the columns in your list view and see reminders that way.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jamesgthackray@me.com said:

r notebook

You can also do a search like reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:* to only have notes with reminders, dated or not, appear in list view.  Then sort by the column @s2sailor mentions.  Other date search parameters available to refine the search.

Archived