PDF in note

Hi guys,

So, I'm totally new to Evernote, started my account just a couple of hours ago. First of all, most of the software seems to be great, and I will have great use of this. But now for the problem:

The thing is that I want to "import" PDF-files, files that consists of slides from lectures given at my university. More specific, I want all of those slides to show up in the note, like you were looking at it as in a PDF-viewer. When I drag the PDF-file into the note, it's just the first slide that shows and then I have to click forward through the presentation. The only alternative I can find is "View as Attachment".

Is this possible?

Thanks / Kristoffer

• Level 5*

Hi.  The default views of multi-page PDFs in Evernote are:  either a PDF file icon which you can then 'open' in a viewer by clicking on it,  or a one-page view of the front page which you can click through.  Again you can doubleclick the one-page view to 'pop out' the file into a separate viewer.  Most of this is exactly like the view you get in Adobe,  and if you right-click the file you should get an 'open with' dialogue which will allow you to do exactly what it says into a reader of your choice.  I don't quite get what extra functionality you're missing here.  You might want to look into Presentation Mode which is a paid-for option that will show your content full screen without any Evernote bells and whistles.

You could also export your PDF to JPG files (there will be one per page/ slide) which display inline and will allow you to see all pages side by side.  Beware getting the pages in the right order may be a little exciting;  work with copy slides until you're sure you can do it without losing anything!

• Level 5*

In Adobe Acrobat, and EN Mac (with view inline) the entire PDF is displayed, and all you need to do is scroll down to view more pages.

In EN Mac, there is no "clicking" required, just scroll down in the Note window.  This requires that you have set the PDF to be viewed "inline".

Archived