iOS syncing issue

Hi,

I have a few students in my school who are having syncing issues.

Evernote will open up but will receive the message "Unable to connect to the Evernote service. Please try again later".

I have deleted the app, restarted the iPads, reinstalled the app, and the issue persists. I can confirm that they have an active internet connection.

The iPads are running on iOS 9.1 with the latest version of Evernote downloaded from the app store.

Any ideas? It's only a very small handful of students.

Thank you.

@daroez,

We've received a few reports of this issue and are investigating why this is happening.

Are you able to identify any commonalities between the devices or the accounts that are being logged into them? For example, are you able to log into one account but not another on any of the iPads? If you switch to a different WiFi network does it make a difference? Are the iPads with this issue a newer or older model than the others?

Thanks in advance for anything you notice that may help us track down what is creating this issue.  

@gazumped

Thanks. Yeah, we checked that and there's nothing out of the ordinary. At least we know it could be an Evernote issue.

@kgg

Thanks for your reply. They're all iPad Airs (same model, size etc), and not able to log into any account and tested on different known good Wi-Fi networks.

• 6 months later...

We've had a recent report that reseting the network settings on iOS may resolve this issue. To access this on your iOS device please go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Please note that doing this will likely result in resetting all the WiFi passwords you have previously entered but should resolve this issue. Please post here if you continue to have problems.

• 3 months later...

Hi @kgg,

Those tips unfortunately did not work for me. I also tried reinstalling the app. Has a solution been found yet? To be exact on my issue, the following happened:

1. The free upgrade to Plus that Evernote offered ended a couple days. As a result, while using my iPhone, I was prompted to choose the two devices that I wanted for my Basic plan. 
  2. After checking off the two devices, I attempted to click "Confirm" but nothing happened. So I closed the app assuming I could fix this on my Mac. 
  3. On my Macbook, I have had no issue selecting the two devices for my Basic Plan, but now going back to my iPhone, I'm met with the issue "Unable to connect to the Evernote service. Please try again later." every time the app attempts to sync my notes. Please see the screenshots: Each time I click on "My Account", I'm met with a screen with the "Unexpected Error."

Please let me know how I can fix this issue. 

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

• Level 5*

Hi.  Check your devices page online to make sure that only one other device is connected to the account.  If you show more than one device,  disconnect everything  - you'll be able to reconnect when you next log on.  If that doesn;t work...if you have any unsynced notes on your phone please DO NOT do this,  but otherwise - Close everything down,  uninstall Evernote,  restart the phone and reinstall.  It's a catchall fix for any mobile problems. 

I've got the same issue...
I am using Evernote on Mac, my iPhone and my PC (Windows) at home
Everytime I try to sync Evernote manually it doesn't work (on the Phone)
Two times it has worked today where I just opened the app and it was automatically syncing
I am a Premium Member and also closed Evernote on the Computer so I don't think this should be the problem...
I switched the subscription back to "Basic" but only cause I only want to pay if I use it and not have a subscription open (hope that's not a problem)
Any kind of suggestions ? - thanks in advance ^^

@Jonnie Sparko and @Trixxter,

I'm not certain that you are both experiencing the issue that was originally reported on this thread and may be running into a separate issue on the current version of the application.

If you are eager to get the application working correctly again, I recommend reinstalling (you will want to copy the contents of any unsynced notes into a separate location - for example, an email - then reinstall). If everything then appears to be working correctly you can copy and paste the content back into notes or email the content back into your account

If you continue to experience the same issue after reinstalling, or you would prefer that we review your case before attempting a reinstall, please submit a support ticket (see my signature below) and be sure to reference this thread in your ticket. If you are a Basic user please send me a direct message and I can create a support ticket for you.

• 1 month later...

I meet this issue today with the error message "unable to connect to the Evernote service. Please try again later ".

I have try the below suggestions mentioned up here. They doesn't work. 

1. Reset my network settings. App still pop up the same error.

2. Disconnect all devices in device page online. Still not work.

3. Sign out, then fail to sign.

When I diable the iCloud for Evernote, then app works and syncing issue disappears.

Best wishes!

• 11 months later...

I am also experiencing this issue, I raised a support ticket with the EN team a few days ago, but as yet no response.

I have re-set network connections on iPad - same issue

I have disconnected all devices

I have deleted then reinstalled EN on iPhone. I am now unable to sign back into EN on the phone:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 17/10/2017 at 9:22 PM, TRL said:

having the "unable to sync" message pop up constantly on my Ipad is annoying. From reading these posts I don't see a fix. Any new ideas?

So how many of the fixes listed here did you try?

Archived