"Could not add tray icon" started coming up several x daily a week+ ago

I keep getting messages anytime I move my laptop such that the internet connection changes - a popup message says:

Evernote

Could not add tray icon, error: An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest build on Windows 10 and this is still happening, started last week or two...

Thanks

• Level 5*

Hi.  How do you get an 'internet connection change'?  Surely you're either connected,  or you're not...?  As this is W10 I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

When I move my laptop from one connection to another, home connection to mobile hotspot to work connection etc, at work when I move from my office to a conference room on the same network but another router this happens as well.  

It happens in both cases - laptop open or closed.  I don't see Evernote restarting though, I'll try to watch it as I leave my current meeting going back to my office.  It has done it twice today, once after my commute (laptop closed) and then on my way to current meeting and I noticed during the walk from my office with laptop open.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This issue did get resolved last year, but it started again about a week or so ago - unfortunately I don't think I had done anything that fixed it, I think it was on Evernotes side but it is happening again, same laptop and same exact symptoms

Archived